Warby Parker is looking for a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to drive engaging, creative, and inclusive internal communications strategies across the company. Working with cross-functional leaders, you will strategize and produce effective storytelling methods that captivate Warby Parker’s diverse and remote workforce of 3,000+ people. You will craft intentional messages to celebrate brand initiatives, product launches, employee activations, and beyond; you will also lead internal communications during criss. Sound cool? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Develop an effective and scalable internal communications strategy to ensure all members of #teamwarby have the tools, resources, and information they need to succeed
- Oversee Warby Parker’s company-wide communications calendar and programs, including but not limited to our all-hands meeting and Warby Weekly newsletter; review and analyze key metrics to determine effectiveness and scalability of these programs
- Partner with leaders across the organization to shape company-wide announcements and updates; work with communications leads on Retail and Customer Experience to ensure cohesion across internal communications efforts
- Manage internal communications during a crisis; propose intentional strategies based on the unique scenario, craft communications accordingly and execute quickly
- Lead the selection, implementation, and ongoing management of a new company-wide intranet
- Complete ongoing internal communications audits to ensure our tools, resources, and practices meet the needs of all team members across the company
- Manage corporate events, as needed
- Build strong relationships with leaders across Warby Parker teams
- Be on-call evenings and weekends, as needed
Who you are:
- Backed by 7+ years of professional corporate/internal communications experience, either in-house or at an agency
- An excellent communicator (in person, over email, via smoke signal!), but particularly as it relates to writing
- An ambassador of the Warby Parker brand and a natural relationship builder
- An empathetic people-person who is passionate about bringing people together to build consensus
- Able to work collaboratively and build actionable plans, and execute projects, across groups and teams
- Exceptionally organized and extremely attentive to detail, with planning and prioritization skills that don’t falter in a fast-paced work environment
- Unflappable and positive, even under pressure
- A skilled people manager who’s capable of reflecting Warby Parker's core values in your behavior and attitude
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs (extra credit for experience with Google Analytics and/or JIRA!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.