Warby Parker is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to manage our customer-facing messaging program and oversee its daily operations. We’re seeking someone super-organized, proactive, and analytical—someone who’s obsessed with both the art and science of email and push messages. In this role, you’ll be a key member of the Performance Marketing team, using 1:1 marketing channels to engage customers in original ways, garner data, drive revenue, and build loyalty and brand equity. Intrigued? Keep reading!
What you’ll do: (7 bullet points max)
- Own our marketing email and push message calendar, making updates and changes as needed and communicating them internally
- Manage the email and push message creation process, from concepting to creative to development and deployment
- Produce creative briefs for upcoming 1:1 marketing messages, outlining goals, design considerations, any audience segmentation, and testing plans
- After briefing, track/oversee the delivery of all necessary assets, including copy, design, and product selections
- Be the subject matter expert on our internal and external email platforms, serving as the point person for maintaining current vendor relationships and onboarding new vendors
- Become a total expert at our internal reporting tools, using KPIs to drive a sophisticated segmentation strategy
- Analyze messaging performance, communicate results via weekly reports, and apply learnings to future campaigns
Who you are: (7 bullet points max)
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree
- Backed by 2–3 years of experience within email marketing, preferably with an e-commerce or direct-to-consumer brand
- Able to work with a major email service provider (such as Iterable or Braze) to set up one-off marketing emails
- An experienced and detail-oriented email marketer with a creative *and* analytical mindset who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- A quick learner with a genuine interest in improving our email performance through a data-driven approach
- Skilled at prioritizing and managing multiple projects, taking initiative, and working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- An excellent communicator—in person, online, via smoke signal!—Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with Looker or SQL
- Experience with JIRA or other project management tools
- Experience with techniques to improve deliverability and inbox placement
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
Retirement savings plan with a company match
Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
Cell phone plan reimbursement
Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
And more—just ask!