Warby Parker is looking for a skilled Staff Accountant to assist the Accounting team in managing inventory reporting and documentation, owning close tasks, supporting financial audits, and more. In this role, you’ll also help achieve the department’s goals by supporting our month-end close and improving the efficiency of our processes. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and ambitious individual with an eye for detail and an itch to learn. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Own essential account reconciliations—inventory, international freight, accounts receivable, and more—all while collaborating with a slew of teams across the organization
- Review and analyze monthly supply chain activity and determine additional monthly accruals or required adjusting journal entries
- Work closely with the Inventory Control and Supply Chain teams to manage and implement changes to the inventory and freight reporting and accounting process
- Work closely with the Senior Accounting team and aid in income statement reporting, lead sheet analysis and review, and external sales reporting
- Support long-term accounting projects that will help enhance monitoring and efficiency capabilities and grow our business
- Work with the Senior Accountant and the Vision Services team to manage independent doctor billing and expense management
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for the Accounting team and senior management
Who you are:
- Backed by at least 1–2 years of general accounting experience within consumer products, retail, auditing, or another related industry
- The proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in accounting or finance
- A total Excel expert (keyboard shortcuts are your love language)
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to work
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative and communicative team player and self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Highly organized and detail-oriented (improving and documenting processes is your bread and butter)
- A dexterous multitasker who can prioritize several projects without losing focus
- Ready to offer support whenever needed
- Positive, kind, and excited by a challenge
- NetSuite experience
- Looker experience
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Suite Applications
- Familiarity with monthly close procedures including generating journal entries and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- A CPA (or looking to be one very soon!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.