At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Network Support Engineer to join our 70+ person Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.
Our Technology Services team is all about figuring out why an issue exists, where its root cause lies, and how to implement a solution that allows people to self-solve in the future. (And we’ve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year.) In this role, you will use your technical savvy to tackle the same sort of questions, engineer even smarter solutions, and support our network for two offices, one optical lab, and 140+ retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products and services at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to support our growing network. If you're a motivated support engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure our offices, lab, and stores work seamlessly with minimal network and internet-related disruptions
- Shadow and work side-by-side with our Network Architect and Security Operations team
- Liaise with vendors and IT team members to troubleshoot and resolve all incoming network-related support tickets
- Ensure network hardware across all Warby Parker locations is maintained and fully operational
- Schedule and perform maintenance and upgrades to ensure network hardware is running supported and secure patches, hot fixes, and security patches
- Work to standardize all network configurations across all retail locations
- Ensure delivery of internet and network connectivity to all Warby Parker office, lab and retail locations
- Create automation to reduce mean time to recovery for all internet outages
- Take proactive measures to improve monitoring and action-oriented alerting
- Collaborate with colleagues to review and help improve processes and workflows for network support and implementation of new location build-outs
- Mentor IT Support Engineers in network troubleshooting and solutions
- Act as highest escalation point on IT for network-related issues
Who you are:
- Someone who understands TCP/IP, and has experience configuring and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols
- Experienced in cloud-hosted network monitoring and management solutions (Meraki, ExtremeIQ, SolarWinds etc.)
- Able to use network troubleshooting tools (ping, traceroute, nmap, etc.)
- Familiar with networking and VPN protocols (GRE, IPSec, BGP, OSPF, STP, etc.) as well as the ISO/OSI model
- Comfortable with internet routing, firewalls, switching, and network connectivity indicators
- Equipped with knowledge of and experience in wifi installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting
- A skilled communicator (with both internal and external stakeholders) who has strong organizational experience
- Backed by a proven record of building process and documentation
- Able to work after normal business hours when required.
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- 2–4 years of experience in a support-based role for a large distributed enterprise or MSP
- Experience with Cisco IOS and cloud networking
- Active CCNA, Meraki, Network+ certifications
- Familiar with Zero-Trust Architecture
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!