HR Business Partner, Manufacturing, Optical Lab
New York, NY or Las Vegas, NV
Warby Parker is on the lookout for an HR Business Partner to work with our Supply Chain team and support our optical lab facilities. In this role, you will work with leadership across the manufacturing and distribution groups to deliver on strategic objectives and support the team members’ needs. You’ll be on the ground implementing and supporting a number of our business objectives and upholding our core values. Contributing hands-on and at a company-level, you’ll work to deploy best-in-class people practices and cultivate the Warby Parker culture as we continue to grow. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide tactical support and strategic guidance to the Supply Chain teams in our NY headquarters and optical lab locations
- Support the employee lifecycle and collaborate with other functions of the People team including talent acquisition and management; total rewards; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and people operations
- Assess the HR implications of key changes, business strategies, and people management so we can cultivate a productive, innovative work environment
- Collaborate with our Communications team to make sure internal stakeholders receive clear and factual presentations regarding new programs, policies, and change management initiatives
- Use foresight and compassion with employees and managers, offering feedback and advice while adhering to our core values
- Evaluate team, employee, and manager development needs to make recommendations and create appropriate solutions
- Serve as an expert for employee-related questions, such as leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, disciplinary actions, and terminations
- Advise managers on the day-to-day oversight of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Conduct employee investigations and promote positive employee relations alongside the Legal team as needed
Who You Are:
- Backed by 5 years of HR experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A calm and confident leader, even when dealing with ambiguity
- Someone who communicates well (i.e., clearly, kindly, and proactively) with people in and outside of your own department
- A natural team player who can also work effectively with autonomy and discretion
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Fluent in Spanish
- A background supporting manufacturing employees (hourly non-exempt)
- Labor relations experience
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!