Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Product Manager to help oversee the strategy, product roadmaps, and business outcomes for all things inventory management. In this role, you’ll support our cross-functional teams responsible for product development, planning, allocation, and more. The world-class software applications you’ll help create will power Warby Parker day in and day out. By working closely with our leadership team, in-house Engineering team, external partners, and other stakeholders, you’ll set targets and conduct analyses to prioritize features that improve those metrics.
As a member of our growing Digital Product Management team, you’ll join us in building a customer-oriented team that delivers seamless experiences through thoughtful analytics, empathetic design, strong implementation, and a test-and-iterate culture. We’re also deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. Interested? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the product team in charge of supporting Warby Parker’s product development, planning, and allocation systems
- Determine the overall strategy for your product focus area, translating business needs into a product vision
- Scope new internal features and products, working with your teammates to gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and deliver value
- Collaborate with tech and business stakeholders to determine which components of our systems to build internally or purchase externally
- Create and communicate roadmaps based on Warby Parker’s business objectives and metrics
- Ensure that stakeholders stay informed about relevant progress and decisions regarding each product
- Help write, edit, and maintain product documentation
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience building and owning a product roadmap for a set of internal users
- Experience with business systems such as inventory management, product lifecycle management, purchase order management systems, and/or modules that complemented enterprise resource planning systems
- A naturally curious person who dives deep into any available information to better understand the task at hand
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented
- A successful collaborator who thrives in a team environment
- Someone who communicates well (i.e., clearly, kindly, and proactively) with people in and outside of your own department
- Able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the appropriate priority
- Comfortable multitasking to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience working for a company with a heavy consumer-facing element (like retail or e-commerce) and/or light manufacturing of consumer products
- Formal knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Experience building and leveraging process flow diagrams, wireframes, and other visual aids to guide the solution design process
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.