Warby Parker is on the lookout for an experienced multi-store Area Leader to play an integral part in laying the foundation for our growing Retail business. An Area Leader at Warby Parker is responsible for the financial performance, retail experience, team development, operations and visuals for up to 5 retail locations outside of your home store location. You excel in balancing the workload of your home store while driving growth and development of multiple store locations. Previous high volume, multi-store retail management experience, paired with strong leadership skills, will set you up for success in this role.
Sound like the job for you? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Represent and communicate Warby Parker’s values and philosophy to customers and team members
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure store teams are compliant with all policies and procedures
- Execute and improve all operational activities to meet your area’s financial targets and customer experience goals
- Consistently follow company-wide processes to maintain brand consistency
- Manage daily store scheduling and payroll for the entire store team, as well as follow up with your Store Leaders in area
- Implement existing procedures (and create new ones!) to protect the company’s inventory and assets
- Follow and enforce protocols to ensure risk management and safety
- Build and foster an engaged, effective team through recruitment and on-boarding, as well as ongoing training and development
- Excels at balancing personal workload with home store and the needs of reporting stores
- Lead quarterly performance and development reviews for each home-store team member and your Store Leaders
- Live and breathe Warby Parker's core values in your quest to exemplify what great service looks like
- Create an inclusive workplace culture by treating all teammates and customers with respect
- Maintain an overview and ensure that all Employee Relations responsibilities are handled appropriately in the area to ensure a positive work environment
- Attend company leadership trainings, including our annual Store Leader Summit
- Support New Store Opening leader and Retail Talent Acquisition team for all openings in area
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years in a multi-unit management role at a complex customer-focused, operationally excellent retailer or leading a high sales, multi department location (plus, you're an established top-performer)
- Able to build, coach, and retain high-performing teams that meets sales, operational, and financial performance goals
- A clear, honest, and empathetic communicator who's able to make tough decisions
- An organized, entrepreneurial go-getter—you're unafraid of taking calculated risks to deliver results
- An upbeat collaborator with strong interpersonal skills
- A resourceful problem-solver and out-of-the-box thinker when faced with challenges
- Curious and willing to question how things are done and how they could be done better
- Able to inspire your team by promoting our vision and purpose in a compelling way
- Highly interested in business, technology, and fashion
- Ready to bring fun into your workplace but willing to put in long hours when required
- Passionate about providing nothing-but-wonderful service
- Willing to travel 30% of the time.
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for Full-Time Employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.