At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—and now we’re searching for a motivated Principal Data Engineer to help us continue our mission. In this role, you’ll play a key part in building, scaling, and maintaining our operational and analytical reporting processes and infrastructure. As a member of the Data Engineering team, your efforts to collect, organize, and share data will impact nearly every employee and will be highly visible across the organization. Sound cool? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, test, and scale tools, systems, and processes to support a BigQuery-based data warehouse
- Build custom data integrations to support bulk and streaming data needs across the organization
- Apply dimensional data modeling techniques and own reporting initiatives from inception to delivery
- Work collaboratively with a Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and other Engineers to solve complex data problems in an Agile environment
- Coach and mentor fellow data engineers and colleagues across the Technology department
What’s crucial for your success:
- The ability to be a kind, empathetic listener and a proactive, effective communicator
- 6+ years of software engineering experience with reporting systems, data pipelines, and other data-intensive applications
- A CS/STEM degree or comparable skills and experience
- Experience writing, testing, and deploying code in a collaborative environment
- That you are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.