At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to join Warby Parker’s Data Infrastructure team to help take this mission to the next step.
The Data Infrastructure team’s mission is to ensure timely, accurate, and reliable access to data across the company. Our team designs and builds the underlying infrastructure that powers Warby Parker’s data systems, and we work closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and other Engineers to increase access data across the organization. In this role, you’ll play a key part in building, scaling, and maintaining our data infrastructure, and your work will impact nearly every employee across the organization.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to oversee a project’s lifecycle while keeping quality top of mind. If you're a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, test, and scale tools, systems, and processes for Warby Parker’s data systems
- Build custom data integrations to support bulk and streaming data needs across the organization
- Work collaboratively with Engineers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to solve complex data problems in an Agile environment
- Tackle challenges of scale through solid engineering practices and creative problem solving
- Ensure your products are resilient and meet well-defined service level agreements
- Participate in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of professional software development experience
- The proud owner of a CS/STEM degree or comparable skills and experience
- A kind, empathetic listener and a proactive, effective communicator
- Proficient in Python (our primary backend language)
- Comfortable working independently and delivering software projects with a high level of autonomy
- Experienced with writing, testing, and deploying code in a collaborative environment
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Extra credit (not required!):
- Experience working for a company that has a significant consumer-facing element, like retail or e-commerce
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience with DBT or other code-focused ELT tools
- Experience with BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or other cloud-based data warehouse databases
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.