Warby Parker is searching for an Optical Supervisor to join our growing team of in-house optical professionals. In this role, you’ll rely on your optical prowess, friendly demeanor, and product expertise to create incredible customer experiences. Whether you’re helping longtime Warby Parker fans or first-time wearers, you’ll leave them excited and confident about our glasses. (Our frames are really special, after all. Take a peek at how our glasses are made.) Acting as a keyholder to the store, you’ll help open and close up shop as well as maintain internal operations. As a leader of the team, you’ll foster an upbeat and productive work environment for the opticians and retail advisors. Our ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a lifelong learner who’s eager to help Warby Parker grow.
Sound like your cup of tea? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Work directly with customers to help meet all of their eyewear needs
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute these details with flawless accuracy
- Check that our finished eyewear meets our optical standards, as well as customer requirements and requests
- Use your expertise to explain prescription terminology and product offerings to customers
- Set your store up for success each day by ensuring that all operational, service, and staff zoning procedures are executed to Warby Parker standards
- Drive the store vision and sales by providing above-and-beyond service on the floor and acting as the main contact for customer and operational questions
- Work with store management to lead and mentor the Optical team, including participants of our Optician Apprentice Program, and exemplify what great service looks like
- Help maintain general store systems, inventory databases, and business operations
- Foster and support a productive, positive employee culture in your store
Who you are:
- A licensed dispensing optician in states that require a license (or an ABO-certified optician in non-licensing states) with 2+ years of experience, including supervisor responsibilities
- Passionate about the eyewear and retail industries
- A clear, effective, and professional communicator—you can break down technical terms for customers to easily understand
- Dedicated to going above-and-beyond to make customers (and your teammates!) happy
- An energetic, positive team player who’s able to adapt in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.