Warby Parker is on the lookout for an Associate Manager, Real Estate to drive the ongoing development of our North American retail real estate strategy. In this role, you’ll be responsible for site research, sales forecasting, cannibalization studies, mapping, and financial analysis associated with our store expansion program. As a key player on the Real Estate Development team, you’ll also work closely with the Design, Construction, Finance, and Data Science teams along with our brokerage network. Interested in helping distinguish good retail locations from great ones? Cool! Read on.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Head of Real Estate and the Store Design and Construction teams to prepare site approval presentation materials
- Alongside the Retail Finance team, help develop extensive committee packages, including pro formas with projected financial results (construction costs, return on financial investment, payback periods, and topline performance)
- Lead the strategy to implement sales forecasts and cannibalization models with the Data Science team
- Provide analysis and recommendations for existing store strategies and processes, including remodels, relocations, and expansions, using new data resources and techniques
- Develop and maintain relationships with landlords, real estate developers, and commercial retail brokers
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3–5+ years of relevant retail experience, backed by a bachelor's degree or equivalent work background
- An analytical thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- A quick learner who’s driven and motivated to produce best-in-class output
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- A retail enthusiast with a passion for our brand, product, and customers
- A master of technology, whether you’re crunching numbers in Excel or preparing presentations in Google Slides
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.