Warby Parker is looking for an experienced Quality Licensed Optician to run the quality operations for prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses at our warehouse facility in Sparks, NV. In this role, you’ll play a critical part in maintaining a high level of quality across all of our customer-bound prescription eyewear. You’ll also help discover areas of improvement within our fulfillment process and work with the team to drive impactful changes. Up for the challenge? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Support the ramp-up of fulfillment operations by leading training efforts of our third-party distribution center staff
- Serve as a liaison between Warby Parker headquarters and our distribution center facility, consulting on a myriad of items, from operating procedures to optical manufacturing adjustments (just to name a few!)
- Train and oversee quality control, eyewear bench alignment, and order fulfillment
- Work with our Supply Chain team on any quality-related issues
- Identify opportunities to improve adherence to our service levels and quality standards
- Ensure that we’re adhering to operational KPIs and (most importantly!) getting flawless prescription eyewear to our customers on time
Who you are:
- Backed by with 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of optical manufacturing and final inspection/adjustment experience
- Equipped with a Nevada State Board of Dispensing Opticians license
- Extremely diligent and detail-oriented, especially when it comes to optical quality and the QC/QA process
- Driven by a customer-first mentality
- Someone who enjoys working with your hands and is mechanically inclined
- Knowledgeable about frame materials, bench alignment processes, and adjustment techniques
- Focused on continuous improvement—you’re always looking for opportunities to make things better
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience in optical lab manufacturing operations, including finishing and surfacing
- A track record of coaching and mentoring a small team
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)