Warby Parker is on the lookout for an Assistant Designer to join our Design team and support us in creating original silhouettes and inventive materials. In this role, you will assist in the management of our material library, ensure design intent is being upheld through the product development process, and help conceptualize seasonal collections. Our ideal candidate is someone with a keen style sense, sharp eye for details, and excellent communication and organizational skills. Sound like your dream gig? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with designers throughout the creative process, including preparing flat sketches and technical drawings
- Manage the material library, maintain databases and line plans, and assist with color BOMs
- Research the market and trends to help establish major themes, innovative narratives, and direction for each season (keeping with the Warby Parker brand aesthetic, of course)
- Evaluate prototype samples for accurate construction, materiality, and design intent
- Creatively and collaboratively incorporate feedback from internal teams
- Set up visuals and organize samples in preparation for key meetings
- Understand and work within our design and product development processes
Who you are:
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in industrial design or similar discipline
- Backed by 1+ years of experience in design, eyewear, jewelry, or another accessory category
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Detail-oriented and focused, even in a sometimes hectic (but fun!) office
- A self-starter who takes the initiative to work with our designers and cross-functional teams
- A master multitasker—you’re able to wear many hats thanks to your exceptional time management and organization skills
- A passionate designer who respects the collaborative nature of finalizing assortments
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)