Warby Parker is seeking a Loss Prevention Manager, responsible for all retail locations on the East Coast. The successful candidate will help create and guide programs that add to the profitability and safety of Warby Parker. The team will rely on you to operate internal systems that support store repairs, incidents, and visits.
If you are passionate about training, working closely with business partners throughout the organization, reducing company loss, and aiding in the safety of your colleagues, let’s chat—this might just be the job for you!
What you’ll do:
- Create, build, and develop business partnerships by asking thoughtful questions and listening carefully to get to know your stakeholders’ vocabulary, problems, goals, and constraints
- Train and audit team members on Warby Parker’s principles, operational protocols, established guidelines, and regulations
- Detect and investigate any criminal, illegal, and fraudulent activities on our properties
- Resolve issues related to safety, security, and regulatory measures
- Work with local law enforcement agencies to build community-level partnerships
- Support new store openings and ongoing stores' loss prevention initiatives, ensuring timely and efficient security services and equipment
- Drive the organization's internal loss prevention training and awareness of controls, processes, and procedures
Who you are:
- Backed by at least five years of experience in the loss prevention retail field
- A confident leader with a strong sense of integrity
- Skilled at assessing situations, following trends, and deriving solutions from them
- Analytical, especially when diagnosing the root cause of a deficiency
- An effective communicator and writer while working with internal and external team members at all levels
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, while managing a travel schedule and budget
- Extensive knowledge of physical security tools, including burglar alarms, card access, and CCTV
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate and CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer)
- Previous experience being managed remotely, balancing administrative work with a travel schedule, and staying within defined budget
- Successfully led loss prevention programs in multi-store environment, across several states and regions
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)