Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Product Manager of Ecommerce Platform to join our Digital Product Team. As our product offerings continue to expand, we are building new infrastructure to scale with our business’s growing complexities. In this role, you’ll own the strategy, product roadmap, and business outcomes for the product team creating technical infrastructure for our website, app, and performance marketing ecosystem.
As Product Manager of Ecommerce Platform, you’ll also help shape Warby’s digital product management practice. We’re committed to building a customer-oriented team that delivers seamless experiences through scalable infrastructure, thoughtful analytics, user-centered design, strong implementation, and a test-and-iterate culture. We are also deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Sound like your dream gig? Read on!
What you’ll do
- Partner with a team of front-end and back-end engineers to scale our custom ecommerce platform infrastructure
- Develop a strategy to mature infrastructure underpinning all digital experiences across performance marketing and email technology; analytics and data stacks; and experimentation tools
- Establish a strategy to improve site performance through new architectural approaches and monitoring tools
- Own the technical roadmap for all ecommerce systems from implementation of new systems to maintenance of existing systems across third-party integrations and internal builds
- Research and build infrastructure to best support new strategic focus areas from personalization to omnichannel experiences
- Build scalable tools for developers to more efficiently launch new features
- Define top-priority metrics, set targets, and prioritize work for the team to maximize business impact
- Lead ongoing conversations with key stakeholders, including Performance Marketing, other Ecommerce Product Managers, Analysts, SRE, Security, and Data Engineering
What you’ll learn
- How best-in-class digital experiences are powered by best-in-class infrastructure
- Cutting-edge performance marketing strategies to drive ecommerce growth
- A lot (or a lot more) about website data, Google Analytics, and experimental design
Who you are
- Backed by experience owning a product roadmap for scaling infrastructure (e.g., building in-house systems or vetting and integrating third-party tools)
- Excited about partnering with engineering teams from setting long-term strategy to getting your hands dirty delivering it incrementally
- Equipped with a technical mindset, empathy for users, systems thinking, and dedication to data—all of which to help you create and deliver exceptional products
- Excited to define KPIs and measure the business impact of systems you've helped develop
- Naturally curious and decisive—you dive into any available information and use those learnings to inform your decisions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excited about partnering with a team to reduce uncertainty
- A well-rounded communicator and collaborator who loves to partner both within a product team and with cross-functional teams
- Eager to help others and passionate about creating stellar products
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Extra credit (but not required)
- Experienced in ecommerce, site stability, A/B testing, web and mobile analytics, or performance marketing
- Experience as an engineer or ability to code
- Experience across multiple platforms such as websites and apps
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)