Warby Parker is on the lookout for a driven Senior Manager of Retail Field Communication to oversee the development lifecycle of our Retail communications programs, from inception to rollout. As a key member of our Retail Operations team, you’ll strategize with the Director of Retail Operations and other leaders to develop roadmaps that will make our store teams even more impactful and efficient. Your work will also directly support our ability to create consistently wonderful Warby Parker experiences for each and every customer. Our ideal candidate understands how engaging communications and effective training help drive a business’ success and culture. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Establish metrics to analyze Retail engagement and understand Warby Parker’s audiences
- Dream up and implement new, creative communications strategies
- Drive and manage workload planning initiatives with our HQ business partners to support bookings growth and overall efficiency
- Develop the roadmap for all new and existing Retail training programs in partnership with our Talent, Corporate Communications and CX (Customer Experience) teams
- Manage the relationship with our Retail communications vendor and oversee the road map for strategic updates to the platform
- Develop and coach two direct reports: the Associate Manager, Retail Communications and the Associate Manager, Retail Training
- Proactively lead concurrent communications projects
- Initiate new strategic plans, drawing from employee surveys and other feedback
- Be a communications advocate to leaders and departments across the organization to ensure our teams in the field are informed, invested, and inspired
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of experience managing retail communications and training programs
- A team player who communicates well—clearly, kindly, often—within our department and across the company
- An organizational powerhouse (your calendars and spreadsheets are color-coded masterpieces)
- Equipped with sharp-as-a-tack technical and management skills
- A self-motivated manager who’s able to lead, grow, and sustain a highly engaged team
- Able to prioritize tasks and juggle responsibilities simultaneously
- Fluent in G Suite
- A background in instructional design
- Prior retail experience in the field and corporate office
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)