Warby Parker is on the lookout for an analytical, detail-oriented Inventory and Allocation Assistant Planner to help develop and execute our product strategies, ensuring we have the right product in the right place, in the right quantities, and at the right time. In this role, you’ll help manage inventory levels across the organization, generate accurate SKU-level forecasts and sell-through projections, and conduct thorough reports on product performance. Through location-level forecasting, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our strategy so that our product assortment and inventory align with customer demand and company targets. Our ideal candidate is no stranger to analysis and able to consider past, present, and future figures. Excellent collaboration and communication skills are also a must since you’ll often partner with other teams, such as Merchandising, Supply Chain, and Finance. Ready to impact our key product operations and support the overall growth strategy for Warby Parker? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage inventory levels at our retail locations and labs, adhering to weeks-of-supply, in-stock rate, and sell-through targets
- Create new data models in Excel to help accurately forecast inventory and sales
- Support our inventory allocation strategies through your own analysis
- Run weekly and monthly reporting, plus ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Manage and optimize our Home Try-On inventory levels
- Support the Merchandise Planning team with project management
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–3 years of experience in merchandise or store planning
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Capable of building processes and reports from scratch to identify opportunities and risks
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Able to zero in on specific details without losing sight of high-level concepts
- A self-starter who’s comfortable navigating uncharted territory
- A master multitasker—you can wear many hats thanks to your exceptional time management and organization skills
- A proactive, eloquent team player who’s able to collaborate with colleagues across the organization
- Wizard-level Excel skills (particularly in modeling)
- A strong understanding of retail math (costing, gross margins, turn, etc.)
- Project management experience (extra, extra credit!)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)