Specialist, Talent Acquisition Programs
New York, NY
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a driven Program Specialist to own our campus relations, referrals, and internal mobility programs to help bring the best possible talent into our company. In this new position, you’ll oversee the strategy and execution of these programs, as well as administer our recruitment tools and systems. Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, deliberate, and confident without an ego—you take your work seriously, but not yourself! Sound cool? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Engage and vet a variety of educational and professional institutions in the optical field for long-term recruiting partnerships
- Partner with members of the Talent Acquisition (TA) team to understand and supplement their candidate pipelines across North America
- Serve as the point of contact for our referral and internal mobility programs to guide folks through the candidate journey
- Establish, track, and report on all metrics associated with TA programs and tool usage, then help us figure out what’s working and what needs attention
- Support your team by prioritizing, organizing, and removing obstacles related to systems and tools
- Collaborate with leaders from the TA and People teams to craft our strategy based on quality data
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience working in TA or HR programs
- Impeccably organized (color-coded spreadsheets are your thing)
- Comfortable with some degree of ambiguity (this is a shiny new role and endeavor for us!)
- A thoughtful collaborator who’s eager to help others
- A seasoned G Suite user
- A champion of Warby Parker’s culture and core values
- Committed to the success of both our organization and our talent
- Equipped with formal knowledge of recruiting and HR tools and systems
- Exposure to campus recruiting
- Some reporting skills (Excel/Google Sheets)
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!