Warby Parker is on the lookout for a thoughtful Senior Project Manager to join our Data Science team. We help every department—from Customer Experience to Supply Chain to Marketing—use data to accomplish more, make better plans, and work more effectively. Not only has our team’s work been featured in Inc., we’ve also supported the development of the Webby-winning Virtual Try-On feature in our mobile app.
As a member of our team, you'll work on a variety of products and projects, such as developing a simulation tool that outputs interactive maps or building a predictive model that’s used by systems across the company. We also help create useful frameworks for thinking about risk and uncertainty, giving stakeholders more confidence in crucial decision-making.
Day to day, our team uses a wide variety of mathematical and technical tools, including mixed-integer programming, statistical modeling, and machine learning. As a Senior Project Manager, you'll also help run us research studies and experiments, like validating new products like our Prescription Check app. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Work with a team of four data scientists to proactively source and scope new internal projects, gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and ensure value delivery
- Facilitate conversations among stakeholders to make decisions and keep them informed of project progress and decisions
- Manage team priorities in a fast-evolving business, determining concrete next actions and removing roadblocks
- Improve project delivery processes to make the team more efficient and able to continuously deliver results
- Run demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Maintain and publish an internal backlog of prioritized projects and their potential impact to facilitate strategic planning
Who you are:
- Backed by 5–7 years of experience managing software projects with non-technical stakeholders
- Familiar with Agile, scrum, and other project management methodologies
- Organized, attentive to detail, and process-oriented
- Able to prioritize across multiple projects
- A naturally curious person who dives deep into any available information to better understand the task at hand
- A well-rounded communicator who can ensure the team explains complex topics clearly and compellingly, whether in person or in writing
- Equipped with strong analytical reasoning skills and experience analyzing scenarios quantitatively
- An empathetic team player who's driven to help others
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with e-commerce and/or retail businesses
- Expert-level understanding of agile, PMI, or other project management process methodology
- Experience making thoughtful decisions in ambiguous and cross-functional situations
- Experience managing analysis and software projects
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!