We’re on the lookout for a motivated Transportation & Trade Compliance Analyst to support all aspects of Warby Parker’s domestic and international transportation operations. In this role, you’ll play an integral part in ensuring our compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Using your passion for logistics, you’ll continually evaluate our existing business relationships, proposed carrier solutions, and a slew of metrics and spend reporting. (Think: Reporting on areas of domestic and international parcel shipping to and from our customers, as well as various network nodes including FTL, LTL, global freight forwarding, and CBP/FDA operations). With support from the Senior Manager of Transportation & Trade Compliance, your work will directly impact Warby Parker’s ability to scale and succeed. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support carrier contract negotiations by evaluating qualitative and quantitative RFP, recommending solutions, managing contracts, and monitoring adherence to minimum quantity commitments
- Perform quarterly business reviews with key transportation providers to address any gaps in performance, identify improvement opportunities, and—when necessary—implement corrective action to ensure our future success
- Identify areas of improvements across our business processes (including inbound/outbound visibility and exception management reporting), then design and help execute new plans of action
- Support controlled internal and external processes through assisting in SOP creation and dissemination
- Work with carriers, customs brokers, and stakeholders to develop efficiencies that will result in lower costs to Warby Parker
- Work with key stakeholders and developers to optimize Warby Parker’s proprietary transportation management system for reduced transit time and cost
- Liaise with various cross-functional and external partners as a trade compliance subject matter expert
- Monitor various trade resources to ensure key stakeholders are aware of any significant developments (e.g., changes in rates of duty, initiation or expiration of free/preferential trade agreements, etc.)
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of transportation and trade compliance/customs brokerage experience
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in international business, business administration, logistics, or supply chain management
- Naturally curious and eager to learn
- A resourceful self-starter with strong critical and analytical skills
- A positive team player who can build strong relationships with teammates as well as various stakeholders
- Intermediately or expertly experienced with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with Looker, SQL, and data visualization/geo mapping tools (such as Tableau)
- U.S. Customs Broker license
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)