Warby Parker is looking for a bright, experienced Compensation Manager to join our Total Rewards team. The person in this role will play a critical part in managing all of our company-wide compensation programs, communications, and policies. Our dream candidate is an organizational powerhouse who's every bit as analytical as they are motivated. If you're driven to succeed—and eager to contribute to Warby Parker’s success too—read on!
What you’ll do:
- Own the day-to-day management of all of Warby Parker’s compensation programs and policies
- Review job descriptions against external benchmark data to ensure salary recommendations are aligned with market pricing and internal equity
- Maintain all company-wide compensation documentation, materials, and trainings
- Manage ongoing relationships with survey providers and complete the salary survey submission process
- Project manage and support Warby Parker’s semi-annual compensation review process
- Assist with incentive program administration
- Support day-to-day equity program administration
- Partner with our People Operations team to ensure accuracy in HR data, including compensation, employee levels and titles, FLSA statuses, and bonus targets
- Monitor minimum wage trends to ensure we’re proactively responding to any city or state minimum wage changes
- Support ad hoc compensation projects, such as creating or updating salary bands or incentive programs
- Perform regular and ad hoc reporting as necessary
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of professional experience in compensation
- Equipped with a strong understanding of compensation principles and practices, including survey participation, market-based benchmarking, salary banding, and incentive program design
- Extremely analytical and highly proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Proactive and self-motivated—you know how to get stuff done!
- A detail-oriented worker who's able to maintain a high degree of accuracy without losing sight of the big picture
- Able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- A clear, empathetic communicator who can build trusting relationships with managers, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Experience with market data survey providers
- Experience with equity program administration
- Experience with ADP
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)