Warby Parker is looking for a motivated Assistant Merchant to join our Merchandising & Planning team. In this role, you'll support one of our Head Merchants in assorting new collections, researching trends, and merchandising our product in stores and online. Acting as an expert on our upcoming and new offerings, you'll also collaborate and communicate with a range of departments across the company. Our ideal candidate is a go-getter with a knack for organization and a flair for public speaking. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Assist our optical and sun Merchants in executing daily tasks: conducting sales analyses, supporting new product strategy initiatives, collaborating with our Product Development team, and more
- Oversee SKU set-up and site proofing for all new launches
- Coordinate the input and organization of our Product Catalog
- Oversee our sample process, including organization, display, and communication with our Product Development and Brand teams
- Create retail training materials for new product and lens launches, as well as update monthly floor set guides
- Prepare quarterly go-to-market materials for our Brand team
- Maintain merchandising boards with existing product images and information to help inform assortment decisions
Who you are:
- A merchandising assistant with 1–3 years of experience
- Analytical and results-driven
- A creative, detailed-oriented thinker
- Equipped with an informed eye for design and love for fashion
- A people person and team player (we work with almost every department and constantly drive cross-functional communication)
- A quick learner who's able to analyze sales data in a fast, efficient manner
- Someone who stays up-to-date on trends
- A master multitasker with great management and organizational skills (get ready to wear many hats!)
- Far from shy—and comfortable presenting internally, training stakeholders, and leading communication with other teams
- A background in accessories
- Experience with G Suite and Excel
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)