We are a Chicago-based technology startup that is leading a new way forward for prescription care. We’re rethinking the pharmaceutical supply chain, introducing AI-driven marketplaces that drive down costs, and new consumer tools that guide decisions on care. Led by a team of industry experts, we’re fixing the high costs and broken experiences that define our pharmaceutical supply chain. We believe that better pricing, more information, and smarter tools can lower costs, empower consumers and help payers take control of their pharmacy benefits. The technology we’re building is the start of a new way of working together – making better outcomes possible for all.
Waltz Health Values
- Integrity: We are committed to protecting the value of clinical care across the pharmaceutical system. We are truthful and honest in our commitments with all our partners.
- Inclusion: We advocate for change that benefits us all, a smarter system that works together. We embrace our differences as well as the unique perspectives our employees and partners bring with them.
- Access: We are focused on breaking down barriers to bring choice back to the healthcare experience. We want to help all our partners get the right prescription care at the right cost.
- Accountability: We take ownership of the quality of our work and the outcomes we deliver. Our focus is on delivering a best-in-class experience for our partners while achieving bold targets.
- Progress: We believe in moving healthcare forward in everything we do. We strive for a culture that is innovating better ways to deliver pharmaceutical care.
The mission of the Pharmacy / PBM Pricing Manager at Waltz Health is to use leading data analytics tools to identify, implement, and measure value creation opportunities for consumers and clients looking to save money on prescriptions. You will do this by performing sophisticated analyses on drug pricing. You will work with the Waltz team to create a list of analytic requirements, select the right technology stack, and execute to create product requirements and dashboards from start to finish. These insights will create a foundation for our future growth and establish a standard across the whole company.
The Pricing Manager will work with variety of technology systems spanning across the whole organization (Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Tableau, Microsoft DevOps, Atlassian, etc.)
As a Pharmacy / PBM Pricing Manager, your activities will be centered around navigating the nuances of drug pricing data through technology and analytics to provide accurate and actionable insights to Waltz, our clients, and our partners. Included in these responsibilities are: file intake (Azure data factory/Python/DataGrip), file processing (SQL/Python), Visualization (Tableau, PowerPoint, Excel). Your metrics of success will include: on-time delivery, accuracy, client satisfaction, and product KPIs.
- Create processes around intake of raw files; dealing with storage, processing, cleaning and manipulating data through different tools (ETL).
- Work with internal and external teams to understand project requirements and propose analytical solutions.
- Develop and present your findings to your colleagues, using visual tools such as Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Provide data analytics support for ad hoc projects covering our whole organization (IT, operations, finance, and supply chain).
You will be successful because you:
- Are enthusiastic, positive, and hardworking.
- Are flexible with job roles and responsibilities – i.e. be willing to jump into new projects and have a scrappy start-up mentality.
- Are a clear communicator who is comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Thrive working independently, autonomously, and can adapt to changing needs of a growing company.
- Are able to think effectively, critically and creatively.
- Have 4+ years of previous experience in Pharmacy / PBM pricing (Retail and specialty network management, MAC management, discount cards, rebate management, etc.) and analytics (descriptive, prescriptive, visualization, etc.)
- Worked and manipulated large datasets using SQL or other languages.
- Created dashboards using visual tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or QlikView.
- Have strong communication skills in combination with experience in creating external facing PowerPoint decks.
- This is a Chicago-based, hybrid position.
It would be preferable if you:
- Have experience with Python or other programming languages.
- Have used product development stacks like Atlassian (i.e. Jira/Confluence) or Microsoft DevOps.
- Have familiarity with PostgreSQL, either directly or through other solutions such as Amazon Redshift.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Develop analyses to quantify and drive competition in the pharmaceutical marketplace.
- Develop and iterate automated analyses for client/partner underwriting and reporting.
- Work with product team to create requirements for the implementation of new drug pricing and supply chain partners into the Waltz Marketplace.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to evaluate current Waltz technologies and processes to improve them.
You have these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health tech.
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful stock options.
- Flexible vacation and a work culture that allows for taking time to recharge.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter benefits, and more.