We are a Chicago-based technology startup that is leading a new way forward for prescription care. We’re rethinking the pharmaceutical supply chain, introducing AI-driven marketplaces that drive down costs, and new consumer tools that guide decisions on care. Led by a team of industry experts, we’re fixing the high costs and broken experiences that define our pharmaceutical supply chain. We believe that better pricing, more information, and smarter tools can lower costs, empower consumers and help payers take control of their pharmacy benefits. The technology we’re building is the start of a new way of working together – making better outcomes possible for all.
Waltz Health Values
- Integrity: We are committed to protecting the value of clinical care across the pharmaceutical system. We are truthful and honest in our commitments with all our partners.
- Inclusion: We advocate for change that benefits us all, a smarter system that works together. We embrace our differences as well as the unique perspectives our employees and partners bring with them.
- Access: We are focused on breaking down barriers to bring choice back to the healthcare experience. We want to help all our partners get the right prescription care at the right cost.
- Accountability: We take ownership of the quality of our work and the outcomes we deliver. Our focus is on delivering a best-in-class experience for our partners while achieving bold targets.
- Progress: We believe in moving healthcare forward in everything we do. We strive for a culture that is innovating better ways to deliver pharmaceutical care.
Waltz Health is looking for an experienced Information Security Specialist to become part of a rapidly growing healthcare company that delivers innovative consumer-based services that deliver affordable pharmacy-based healthcare. The Waltz Health Information Security Specialist implements and maintains the information security architectures and solutions for the organization. Identifies probable system exposure, compromise, problems, or design flaws. Provides security design assistance on new products and internally - developed projects.
You will be reporting to the CISO. You will:
- Plan, define, and maintain policies, standards, configuration, and operation procedures and guidelines regarding security, identity, and access.
- Monitor data security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Ensure compliance with industry security program policies and standards such as SOC 2, NIST CSF, and HITRUST.
- Identify probable system exposure, compromise, problems, or design flaws.
- Implement new security infrastructure architecture or design changes.
You will be successful because you have these skills and traits:
- Are able to collaborate with business stakeholders to promote security program awareness and associate education.
- Engage industry user communities to leverage best practices, identify emerging cyber threats and industry forums.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of current information risk assessment techniques, required.
- Working knowledge of IT standards, federal and state compliance regulations, and security frameworks including HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, ISO27001, and PCI-DSS are required.
- Are enthusiastic, positive, and hardworking.
- Are flexible with job roles and responsibilities – i.e. be willing to jump into new projects and have a scrappy start-up mentality.
- Are a clear communicator who is comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
- Thrive working independently, autonomously, and can adapt to changing needs of a growing company.
- Are able to think effectively, critically and creatively.
- Live in the US and willing to travel.
In the first 90 days, you will:
- Come up to speed on Waltz Health products, services, and operating model.
- Support Compliance activities; SOC 2 audit readiness, Third Party Risk Management, Vulnerability Remediation, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5 years progressively responsible information security assessment or audit experience, required.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Ground floor opportunity with one of the fastest-growing startups in health tech.
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful stock options.
- Flexible vacation and a work culture that allows for taking time to recharge.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, commuter benefits, and more.