About Store No. 8
Store Nº8 is the incubation arm of Walmart. We incubate companies to develop the leapfrog capabilities that will transform the future of retail. As a stand-alone entity, with the support of the world's largest retailer, Store Nº8 has a view directly into the heart of America. Our team is uniquely positioned to make a positive impact at a massive, national scale. We incubate and partner with entrepreneurs, early stage startups, VCs and academics to innovate across a wide variety of areas including virtual and augmented reality, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Join us as we ignite the change that changes everything.
About the Role
We are looking for a high-achieving, quick-learning and adaptable community & events associate to run our internal community programming and be our external voice. This person has a passion for storytelling, connecting people, and innovation. They will sit on the Store No. 8 core team, which connects the portfolio companies (IRL, Walmart InHome, Jetblack, and Spatial&) and Walmart. This person will be the connective tissue between the core team and the portfolio companies as they curate our internal community. They will also be our external voice, as they will represent Store No. 8 (and thereby Walmart) on our social channels.
- Helping to define our social brand voice as part of our strategy to be legendary on social, ensuring our content is timely, culturally relevant, on brand, and cohesive
- Identify potential high-impact social posts/responses and ideate real-time engagement tactics on the fly. This includes writing attention-grabbing copy in our brand voice and tone
- Actively search for engaging, elevated user generated content to re-post and circulate on our owned social channels.
- Plan, produce, and implement programming events that tell the Store No. 8 brand story, engage and inspire innovative spirit, and showcase Store No. 8 as a thought leader in the future of retail
- Own and oversee all operational and logistical components of both internal and external events
- Develop, track, and manage programming and event KPIs while consistently iterating on strategy and execution.
- 1+ years of proven event programming experience; must know how to create and produce thoughtful, engaging events that deliver against strategic objectives
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- 1+ years of experience managing day-to-day social media activities at a large-scale brand or agency
- Demonstrated social media judgment (ie. knowing what to tweet, and when to tweet it) and knowledge of optimizing content on specific social media platforms to drive engagement.
- Creative thinker who equally enjoys a broad, creative challenge AND a complex logistics challenge
- Impeccable communication skills and proven ability to manage frequent stakeholder interactions.