Founded in 2004, Wall Street Prep (WSP) seeks to bridge the gap between academia and the real world by providing our clients with the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the finance sector. WSP provides clients with this competitive hands-on edge through classroom training led by experienced industry practitioners as well as through online self-study programs designed by subject matter experts. WSP's clients include global investment banks, private equity and investment management firms, Fortune 500 companies, and top undergraduate business and MBA programs.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Sales (SDS) to join our team and lead sales efforts for the corporate, public bootcamps and university verticals. In the role, you will lead a team of two sales executives. As the SDS, you will ensure that your team meets company-wide revenue targets as well as manage and grow a key account book of business. As a company, we are in a high-growth stage and are looking for a leader who is excited to influence the outcomes of our team while also shaping the strategy to optimize and scale our sales process. The SDS will work closely with our executive leadership team to drive short-term and long-term revenue strategy, as well as collaborate with teams across the organization to help us evolve as a team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of executing a robust sales strategy to grow sales revenue year-over-year and will have a minimum of 6-10 years of B2B sales experience in financial services, SaaS companies, ed-tech, growth-stage startups or a similar industry.
- Manage and expand a book of business consisting of key corporate and university accounts
- Manage and coach two sales executives to ensure quarterly revenue targets are met
- Provide support to sales directors, as needed. Examples of support include: co-presenting in key meetings, providing feedback after sales calls, guidance on how to optimize existing clients and prospects, and weekly one-on-one meetings.
- Oversee the re-design of current sales processes and protocols to ensure our process is continuously improving to help us grow and scale
- In collaboration with the executive team, set a sales strategy for the corporate, public bootcamps and university verticals and work with your team to implement. Successful implementation includes: tracking progress toward weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals for your team. Important items to track include, outreach activity, conversion rates, pipeline generation and revenue closed.
- Collaborate with our technology and product team to accelerate features needed to enhance sales opportunities
- Serve as a key player in the cross-functional partnership between marketing, sales and account management teams to inform sales and account expansion strategy and maximize pipeline generation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 8-10 years of B2B sales experience in financial services, SaaS companies, ed-tech or startup (you helped them scale), or similar industry
- At least two years of experience managing a high performing sales team
- Demonstrated experience creating and scaling sales processes and best practices
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other sales tools to track and develop revenue strategy
- Strong understanding of the financial services and/or higher education industry is highly desirable
- Be a collaborative team leader and excited to have a dynamic role in a growing organization
- Desire and ability to think strategically while also partnering with other team members to execute
- Superb ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with a team and client base that has diverse and varying communication styles
- TEAMWORK – As our Senior Sales Director, you will work with a diverse set of individuals and you must have the ability to empathize and collaborate with individuals from a range of background and experiences. Success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual goals behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
- INTEGRITY – We value team members that strive to do what is right as much of our work is dependent on trust and respect.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We value the ability of our team and organization to honor our commitment to clients and to other team members.
- BE HUMBLE – Value openness and curiosity to learn from team members and all that we serve. Be open to personal change and continuous improvement. Lead with appreciation, humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone anywhere.
- TRANSPARENCY – At WSP, we pride ourselves on being transparent about our work and methods. Every team member should embody honest and open communication.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fun, lively, startup culture
- Full benefits package including medical dental, vision, 401(k), 10 paid holidays and 20 days of paid time off, parental leave
- Candidate can be based in our Boston office or remote from anywhere in the United States
- Core values-based leadership
- Expected Yearly Salary: $110,000-$125,000 + Commission
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode company.
Wall Street Prep is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status or any other legally protected status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all team members are encouraged to be their authentic and whole selves.