Wall Street Prep (WSP) is a leading provider of financial and valuation modeling for investment banking, private equity, and corporate finance professionals as well as for students interested in pursuing finance careers. Founded in 2004 by investment bankers, WSP seeks to bridge the gap between academia and the real world by providing our clients with the practical skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the finance sector. WSP provides clients with this competitive hands-on edge through classroom training led by experienced industry practitioners as well as through online self-study programs designed by subject matter experts. WSP's clients include global investment banks, private equity and investment management firms, Fortune 500 companies, and top undergraduate business and MBA programs.
As a Wall Street Prep Instructor, you will have the opportunity to teach, advise and inspire some of the brightest minds and future leaders in finance. In this role, you will serve as a lead facilitator for classroom training sessions, helping our clients develop the skills and insights they need to excel in their careers. You will also have the opportunity to develop your presentation and public speaking skills, to enhance your personal brand as a thought leader in the financial services space, and to expand your professional network across the financial services industry.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of institutional portfolio management experience at a leading asset management firm as well as a deep passion for sharing his/her knowledge and experience with students and other finance professionals.
- Lead the teaching of virtual classrooms to our institutional asset management and financial services clients
- Lead the teaching of virtual classrooms to our undergraduate business schools and MBA clients
- Assist in developing new and revise existing training materials as needed
- Other responsibilities include: editing existing training materials, developing new course content, one-on-one tutoring sessions with students, and completing WSP's "Train-the-Trainer Program", a professional development program for new instructors.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3+ years of portfolio management or client management experience at a top asset management firm
- Experience as an equity or fixed income portfolio manager is highly desirable, particularly with managing investments for institutional clients such as pensions and insurance companies
- MBA from a top business school preferred but not required
- Passion for teaching finance/asset management
- Availability to conduct classroom training Monday through Friday and weekends as needed
- Summer Months: Monday - Friday availability is a must
- Fall & Spring Semesters: Weekday and weekend availability is highly desirable
- Availability to commit to conducting a minimum of 15 days of classroom training per year
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (once it's safe to travel again)
- TEAMWORK – As an instructor, you will work with a diverse set of individuals and you must have the ability to empathize and collaborate with individuals from a range of background and experiences. Success is much bigger than any single individual or company. By aligning our individual goals behind a shared purpose we can achieve our fullest potential, together.
- INTEGRITY – We value team members that strive to do what is right as much of our work is dependent on trust and respect.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We value the ability of our team and organization to honor our commitment to clients and to other team members.
- BE HUMBLE – Value openness and curiosity to learn from team members and all that we serve. Be open to personal change and continuous improvement. Lead with appreciation, humility, compassion and openness to learn from anyone anywhere.
- TRANSPARENCY – At WSP, we pride ourselves on being transparent about our work and methods. Every team member should embody honest and open communication.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A fun, lively, startup culture
- Core values-based leadership
- Competitive compensation
- WSP covers all travel and accommodation expenses (once it's safe to travel again)
- Paid professional development via the WSP Train-the-Trainer Program
- Excellent opportunities to continue to expand your professional finance network
- Develop excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Join an energetic entrepreneurial-minded team
Wall Street Prep is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and clients from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country and world. We have seen how our trainings, education resources, and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.