Walker Edison is a thriving, eCommerce company that relies on good data and hard-working employees to create an excellent experience for every customer. Our success comes from an attitude of innovation, never settling, and giving back to the community.
Walker Edison is seeking a Domestic Transportation Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with domestic transportation, with a strong background in domestic parcel, familiarity with LTL. Ideally this person has worked for and/or worked closely with UPS and/or FedEx and understands how to maneuver within their system to be successful. We need someone with a strong background in eCommerce. The Domestic Transportation Manager must help with projects, train and support staff, develop and implement metrics with staff and vendors, and assist with strategy development and execution.
This is how you can contribute to our success:
- Bring a fresh perspective and help find inventive solutions to our transportation problems.
- Work with parcel carriers (UPS and FedEx) to secure adequate trailer capacity.
- Work with customers, nominated carriers, and our 3PL Distribution Centers to quickly and efficiently move LTL and full truckload shipments.
- Minimize chargebacks due to Routing Guide non-compliance.
- Lead a continuous improvement mindset within the team Help craft and execute the vision for our transportation efforts as we grow both domestically and internationally.
- Assist, train, and mentor the team of analysts as they focus on the domestic TL/LTL/Parcel movements.
- Assist and lead various cross functional projects to improve the transportation team. This may include supply chain, transportation, finance, sales, regulatory, and more.
- Focus on the metrics of your efforts by measuring the spend and service to ensure they align with the need.
- Help develop audit procedures for our freight and parcel invoices. Identify cost savings opportunities and execute the solution, working with all pertinent departments to resolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations or Engineering disciplines preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in operations or logistics.
- Strong understanding of parcel shipping (especially ground), LTL, and some truckload.
- Experience with eCommerce and large eCommerce retailers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with putting new business out to bid and negotiating contracts.
- Capable of challenging assumptions to ensure best outcome.
- Capable of working across multiple functional groups and creating an understanding of changes impacting a given role and/or process area.
- Ability to foster loyalty, cooperation, and communication among various departments.
- Ability to occasionally travel both internationally and domestically.
Comprehensive benefits include generously subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as life insurance, dependent care and flex spending accounts, a generous 401k match, pet insurance, Flex PTO, education reimbursement, and a very flexible working environment. Additional perks include complimentary vending machines, massage therapy, endless amounts of food, bi-weekly gifts, and subscriptions to the Calm App, a Music Streaming Service, and ClassPass. Walker Edison also offers several company and individual team building enrichment activities and educational classes throughout the year!
About the Company
Walker Edison Furniture is a market-leading, e-commerce drop ship business in the home furnishings realm with an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction every step of the way! Our brand and designs represent our desire to break away from the standard mold and help our customers "Live Outside The Box." This is an exciting time to join our expanding operations. We are an established business with huge future potential. Come join our team and be a part of a fun and growing company where we “Work Outside the Box”!
Walker Edison is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.