*This role has the option to be 100% remote from any US location*
Walker Edison is a thriving, eCommerce company that relies on good data and hard-working employees to create an excellent experience for every customer. Our success comes from an attitude of innovation, never settling, and giving back to the community.
The Data Engineer is a key member of the Data Engineering team. This is a great position for anyone who gets excited about wrangling and shaping data that drives business decisions. The Data Engineer will work closely under the direction of the manager and senior engineers to modify, build, and maintain the data warehouse and its pipelines. This position will have an emphasis in python scripting, web scraping, and API connections. You will own the pipeline from production level scripts to a finished data warehouse table.
This role can be 100% remote from any US location
- Develop ETL data pipelines with python, SQL, and other languages. You should have a solid understanding of python functions, class’s, expressions, dictionaries, and lists. Should also be familiar with packages like pandas, psycopg2, request, json, and boto.
- Scraping data from websites and portals via scripts and other tools. You should be familiar with HTML, CSS, xpaths, request, responses, and web developer tools.
- Solid understanding of connecting to SOAP and REST API’s and transforming the response from json and other structured and unstructured data.
- Modify, build, and maintain data warehouse tables and pipelines through various tools like SQL, python, and AWS stack.
- Wrangling data from disparate systems and sources such as RDBMS, HDFS, flat files, and API connections.
- Optimization of existing SQL queries to improve reliability and performance.
- Work closely with Analyst to provide the data, documentation, and educational support they need to be successful.
- Bachelors degree in information systems, computer science, data analytics, or related field.
- Can work remotely and independently under minimal supervision to achieve objectives.
- Must have high speed internet of at least 5 mbit upload.
- 3+ years solid Python scripting, preferably in web scraping and transforming data.
- 2+ years solid web scraping and experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, XPaths, request, responses, and web developer tools.
- 2+ years SQL experience using CTE, window functions, and complex joins.
- Experience working with data warehouse and ETL processes.
- Should be familiar with terms like primary key, granularity, index, additive attributes, views.
Nice To Have:
- RDBMS: Redshift, Postgres.
- Scraping Tools: Mozenda, Content Analytics
- Coding Experience: R, Java, and other languages.
- ETL: Apache Airflow, SSIS, Talend
- Cloud Computing: AWS, EC2, S3, EMR, AWS Glue, Redshift Spectrum, Github
- NoSQL and HDFS: Familiar with structuring and querying data in Parquet, and ORC formatted files inside S3 via Hive and Presto
- Visualization tools: Tableau, Looker, and DOMO.
Comprehensive benefits include generously subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as life insurance, dependent care and flex spending accounts, a generous 401k match, pet insurance, Flex PTO, education reimbursement, and a very flexible working environment. Additional perks include complimentary vending machines, massage therapy, endless amounts of food, bi-weekly gifts, and subscriptions to the Calm App, a Music Streaming Service, and ClassPass. Walker Edison also offers several company and individual team building enrichment activities and educational classes throughout the year!
About the Company
Walker Edison Furniture is a market-leading, e-commerce drop ship business in the home furnishings realm with an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction every step of the way! Our brand and designs represent our desire to break away from the standard mold and help our customers "Live Outside The Box." This is an exciting time to join our expanding operations. We are an established business with huge future potential. Come join our team and be a part of a fun and growing company where we “Work Outside the Box”!
Walker Edison is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.