Walker Edison is a thriving, eCommerce company that relies on good data and hard-working employees to create an excellent experience for every customer. Our success comes from an attitude of innovation, never settling, and giving back to the community.
The Training and Development Manager helps the business to keep ahead of the ever-changing business environment in terms of trends and practices and is responsible for the delivery of business-wide training initiatives that drive the business’s growth strategies.
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, delivery, tracking and reporting of employee training programs in the business and reports directly to the Head of People & Culture. The Training and Development Manager must have a love of efficiency and a willingness to champion organizational change.
This is how you can contribute to our success:
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of scalable structures for on-boarding, training, and promoting the growth of all employees across the business’s departments.
- This role is in charge of the management, improvement, and extension of current training programs for employees across all departments in the business.
- Ensures that the format for the organization’s manuals, policies, rules, standards of operation and procedures are always in line with the business’s’ overall goals and objectives.
- Maintains the training pulse in the business by ensuring that training is always completed where necessary and that the training programs are always up to date.
- Contributes to the culture of the training department and overall business through the fostering of communication and cooperation between departments.
- Plays a strategic role in managing the strategy, execution, and delivery of training programs across the business.
- Plans, organizes, and directs training and development programs for employees for the purpose of increasing individual and organizational performance and also for the purpose of improving employee morale while simultaneously enhancing their skills.
- Designs appropriate training schedules and strategies based on the identified training needs in the business.
- Tasked with the selection of appropriate instructional methods and procedures for each unique situation, including individual training, self-study, group instruction, simulation exercises, lectures, demonstrations, computer-based training and so forth.
- Plays a supporting role within the business, taking initiative in assisting individual employees in the maintenance and improvement of their job skills and preparation for promotions or roles that demand greater skills.
- Sets up individualized training programs in order to strengthen employees’ existing skills or to cultivate new ones.
- Responds to training requests from departmental managers or project leaders to which he develops and delivers training on time and within the requested budget.
- Trains new employees, incorporating them into their departments and ensuring that basic skills and knowledge are covered.
- Works with departmental leaders and management in ensuring that employees constantly get the necessary hands-on training.
- Works with the departmental leaders in coordinating special training programs unique to that department and unique to individuals within the department.
- Works closely with senior training and development management in developing standard training programs and strategies.
- Tasked with keeping the business abreast of contemporary training and development theories and methods as well as how to effectively utilize and disseminate the acquired knowledge and influence the direction of programs.
- Implements and sustains subsequent learning strategies and objectives, ensuring that the department, and the business at large, is constantly updated with industry trends and best practices.
- Developing and evaluating training methods and initiatives and measuring their effectiveness, bringing forth strategic recommendations for training and staffing methods and approaches where necessary.
- Conducts training program analysis across the business and identifies departmental positions demanding training and development initiative.
- Track training attendance in all on-going training initiatives and prepares reports as required by senior training and development management and departmental heads and managers.
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, or a related field preferred; a combination of HR certification, education and work experience equivalent to the degree may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in in organization development and/or training and development required.
- Strong knowledge of training techniques, various training models; including learning theories.
- Strong knowledge of employee relations issues and applicable employment law.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of all content areas of human resource and state and federal regulations (e.g. Wage and Hour laws, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Employment regulations, CAL-OSHA, Workers' Compensation, American with Disabilities Act, FMLA, CFRA, etc.).
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database skills. HRIS experience required.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills required, with the ability to deal with tact and diplomacy with all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple tasks and handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be able to interact with diverse individuals, groups, and levels of the organization. Requires considerable accuracy and ability to produce under tight deadlines.
- Requires high degree of confidentiality and discretion. Must exercise good judgment and analytical skills in determining which matters require immediate attention.
Comprehensive benefits include generously subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as life insurance, dependent care spending accounts, a generous 401k match, pet insurance, Flex PTO, education reimbursement. Additional perks include complimentary vending machines, massage therapy, endless amounts of food, weekly gifts, Calm App, Music, and ClassPass subscriptions, company and individual team building activities and fun! Also, a very flexible working environment.
About the Company
Walker Edison Furniture is a market-leading, e-commerce dropship business in the home furnishings realm with an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction every step of the way! Our brand and designs represent our desire to break away from the standard mold and help our customers "Live Outside The Box." This is an exciting time to join our expanding operations. We are an established business with huge future potential. Come join our team and be a part of a fun and growing company where we “Work Outside the Box”!
Walker Edison is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status