Walker Edison is a thriving, eCommerce company that relies on good data and hard-working employees to create an excellent experience for every customer. Our success comes from an attitude of innovation, never settling, and giving back to the community.
Walker Edison is looking for a Vice President of DTC This is a new role, which was created by growth and will report to the President. This role will be based in Walker Edison’s headquarters, located in Salt Lake City, UT.
This role will be the advocate of the customer and be actively responsible for creating a delightful and differentiating customer experience across the shopping journey from their WalkerEdison.com experience, through Customer Service, Marketing, Retail Operations and oversee and develop our direct to consumer brand across multiple channels of expansion in both ecommerce and retail marketplaces. The individual in this role will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a seasoned innovator and influencer who plays a critical part in achieving our vision and is responsible for overseeing the direct-to-consumer relationship and driving this business, ensuring they deliver on our strategic, cultural, and business goals.
The Vice President, DTC will lead and develop the DTC strategy and leverage the Product Development team to design differentiate product offering for our DTC channel. This role is responsible for WE’s site functionality, UX, site merchandising, and any related experiences. The role also leads marketing strategy, social media and content strategy, collaborating with the VP of Strategy & Analytics on related targeting and personalization strategies. This role will define the experience requirements for fulfillment and customer service, drive cross-functional alignment on those experience goals, and collaborate with the VP of Operations who will drive the daily operation of those functions.
This is how you can contribute to our success
· Develops and implements the digital strategy and roadmap for the WE brand to drive unique, sustainable and long-lasting relationships with WE’s target segments through a differentiated and compelling end-to-end experience:
· Creates and manages a consumer-centric and data-driven DTC strategy and sustainability plan for a broadening portfolio of owned brand(s).
· Leads the marketing function and teams (internal and external) to develop and execute go-to market campaigns across the customer lifecycle (awareness, consideration, conversion, engagement, retention).
· Develops user flows to align marketing tactics with a seamless, intuitive, and brand-building on-site experience. The incumbent will leverage qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize work for the UX/UI, Creative and Product team, assessing risk and tradeoffs.
· Establishes brand differentiation and sustains success through continuous analyses of market trends, competitive influences, and performance of digital outlets, including demographic analyses and gap analyses.
· Drives innovation for Walker Edison through researching new revenue models, such as, bundles with external and complementary products, including emerging DTC commerce revenue models to capture new customers and meet evolving customer expectations
· Oversees, on top of functions named above, operational functions that support digital Direct-To-Consumer brand expressions as well as all eCommerce outlets in the enterprise, including:
· Online merchandising and functional operation of transactional technology platforms
· Production of search/digital marketing optimized content, both copy and imagery
· This leader will have a P&L responsibility and will be accountable for results as well as broader long-term strategy – as such, the incumbent will need to be able to diagnose headwinds and
tailwinds impacting the business and derive action plans to meet/beat targets and asks to teams.
· 12+ years in customer success, with a focus on driving data-driven and targeted experiences
· 12+ years of experience with extensive mastery of ecommerce and growth/marketplaces and operations, ideally in consumer goods space.
· Experience integrating commerce and content to increase conversion and engagement a strong plus.
· Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to improve user experience and marketing program relevance and performance via data, testing, and learning.
· Highly organized self-starter, with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action.
· A strong colleague and company advocate who sets an example of professionalism within the company.
· You are insatiably curious, kind and empathic with an unrivaled work ethic. Your worldview is not insular, but expansive. You are ready to do something meaningful and impactful. And above all, you love to learn and get things done.
· BA/BS-degree is required, a graduate degree is a plus
Comprehensive benefits include generously subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as life insurance, dependent care and flex spending accounts, a generous 401k match, pet insurance, Flex PTO, education reimbursement, and a very flexible working environment. Additional perks include complimentary vending machines, massage therapy, endless amounts of food, bi-weekly gifts, and subscriptions to the Calm App, a Music Streaming Service, and ClassPass. Walker Edison also offers several company and individual team building enrichment activities and educational classes throughout the year!
About the Company
Walker Edison Furniture is a market-leading, e-commerce drop ship business in the home furnishings realm with an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction every step of the way! Our brand and designs represent our desire to break away from the standard mold and help our customers "Live Outside The Box." This is an exciting time to join our expanding operations. We are an established business with huge future potential. Come join our team and be a part of a fun and growing company where we “Work Outside the Box”!
Walker Edison is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.