Waldo is the world’s first no-code testing platform that lets anyone create reliable, automated mobile tests without the hassle of scripting. Every company with a mobile app needs to test it - we’re the first to make it fast, easy and reliable, helping mobile teams ship better apps with fewer bugs.
We have a passion for building technical tools and scalable design systems that are accessible to technical and non-technical people alike. Our designers build the UI that mobile developers around the world rely on. Translating traditionally technical processes onto a no-code platform for the first time is a challenge that takes ingenuity and forethought, and we are looking for more designers that are passionate about innovation and completely reshaping an industry.
We’ve just raised our Series A, giving you the opportunity to join at an ideal time for rapid growth. We are expanding the breadth of our platform and designing multiple new products to bolster our lead in the space. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with product, engineering, and sales leads, as well as researching, prototyping and scaling design with new systems.
You will have an opportunity to be an early, 'first-25' builder on a high-performing team. We are based in NY but are a remote-friendly company with teammates across the US and France.
- From discovery to delivery, you will bring your expertise into delivering value that will help our customers ship the best apps.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team to bring clarity to ambiguous problems with relevant customer insights, and consulting quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Keeping a holistic view of the entire end-to-end user journey, and staying several steps ahead of the users and competitors in identifying and shipping impactful UX improvements.
- Prototyping: You will produce low/high-fidelity prototypes in order to present thoughtful solutions.
- User testing: You’ll organize usability and user testing internally and externally, and report results.
- Interaction and visual design: You will produce high-fidelity designs with strong attention to detail.
- Handoff: You will monitor the quality of the front-end development of these features, and give input and feedback to the tech team.
- Sharing: You will reinforce and evangelize the use and knowledge of design best practices with talks and presentations.
- Processes: You’ll be part of every design ritual: stand-ups, planning, review, and demos.
- As part of our ambition for continuous improvement, you will engage with your peers on a daily basis, work closely with various functions (tech, product, growth), and be coached by your Team Lead (Manou) to grow your skills and talents on the field.
- 3+ years of hands-on user experience design.
- Strong creative mind that seeks to spontaneously suggest new projects & solutions.
- Experience with user research and product discovery techniques.
- Ability to clearly translate concepts through sketching, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Excellent communication skills, a humble attitude, and enjoy sharing & learning from others.
- You embrace change, can take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks.
- Intellectual curiosity, constantly asking "How can we improve?"
- Strong design "craft" skills: You are fluent in building high-definition UI on both desktop and mobile and making your work scalable.
- Deep appreciation for elegant and thoughtful design with an obsession for details.
- The opportunity to drive impact as an early member and second product designer at a high-growth startup
- Join an overachieving, talent-dense team that builds an industry-changing product
- A competitive salary, a flexible PTO policy, and a fully remote option
- Generous stock options at an early stage
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Subscription to OneMedical and ClassPass
More on Waldo
- Release of Waldo v2 on Product Hunt
- Waldo Customer Stories
- Inside our product process
- Why and how we built a Slack bot for code deploys
- Waldo vs. Scripting
- Our gift to the mobile community, uxarchive.com
New York Salaries: $120K-$165K, based on level