Wagestream is a technology and financial services company with a social purpose.
We partner with employers to allow their employees to access their earned-but-not-yet-paid wages in real time.
Wagestream was founded with the desire to be a strong cause for social good, in making it possible for workers to gain fast access to accrued earnings. Our aim is to play a key role in reducing the UK poverty premium and prevent employees entering cycles of debt, caused by high interest credit or pay day loans. We are proud to have a social charter in our articles of association.
We are a fast moving and dedicated bunch. We value individuality, honesty, integrity, a go-get attitude, team spirit and a sense of humour.
What we’re looking for (Responsibilities)
We need a Product Designer with experience on Web, and Mobile (iOS and Android) platforms to play a leading role in creating new user experiences within our entire product range. Your two primary responsibilities are:
- To collaborate with internal and external customers to produce the best in-class user experiences within our apps and portals.
- To rapidly wireframe and prototyping experiences for our global partners in a pre-sales capacity, ensuring the best experience for their users when embedding our mobile technology and Income streaming service.
Ultimately you will have an opportunity to set and define the bar here at Wagestream for Product Design, UI and UX.
About You & Your Skills
- You love to keep your craft sharp by geeking out on the latest mobile app design practices in terms of UX, patterns and micro interactions.
- You have an insane ability to wireframe and present design ideas concisely and at pace
- You have a wide repertoire of knowledge in UI/UX best practices, so you know when to break the mould to make the best experience possible
- You have the absolute confidence to work under your own initiative, and conviction (with evidence) as to argue why your approach is right.
- You are madly proficient in prototyping/wireframing tools such as Figma, Axure, Sketch, invision etc to rapidly iterate on both hi-fi and low-fi experiences
- You do not design blindly or in isolation - you conduct `enough` user research (both internally and externally with key clients) to produce the best user flows and journeys possible