Wagestream is on a mission to revolutionize how employees are paid… globally. We provide an income streaming solution for employers to give their employees instant access to their earnings, and avoid using high-cost short-term credit. We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium - we believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We already help 250,000 employees access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organizations in the UK including the NHS, Bupa, Casual Dining Group, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil.
The opportunity is truly global and having raised $50m+ in funding from VCs including Balderton, Northzone and QED, we are expanding across Europe through 2020. France is one of our target markets, and we want you to be the 1st Wagestreamer on the ground in France. We have done the preparatory work for launch across Regulatory, Banking & Payments, Product, Marketing, Customer Support etc. and have our first customers and partners.
You will have primary responsibility to build the French market for Wagestream - your mission is to oversee the market launch, and maximize our reach in France both through growing the existing base, and closing new customers & partnerships.
- 80% of time initially on Sales & Partnerships
- Identify and sign relevant channel partners with access to potential Wagestream customers. Work closely with partners (e.g. training their sales team, co-marketing etc) and collaborate to identify and close their customers
- Identify and close Enterprise customers across multiple sectors: Retail, Hospitality, Public Sector, Facility Management, Manufacturing etc.
- 20% time spent on co-ordinating with Central teams on whatever else is needed for the market:
- E.g. input to localize product, drafting press releases, translating materials, adapting contracts, researching local labour laws etc.
- Pending successful rollout, your focus would evolve to build out and lead the local team (e.g. Sales Director, Marketing Manager, Client Success Manager, Account Executive etc.)
Ideal candidate would:
- Be based in France (Paris preferable)
- Have 5-10 years in Enterprise Sales / Partnerships with proven track record of exceeding targets
- Have experience in high-growth technology startups (preferably B2B / SaaS)
- Preferably have experience selling to HR / Finance / Benefits
- Preferably have experience selling to C-suite, including CEO, CFO, HR Director
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude, and get excited about moving from zero to one
- Have low ego, willing to do whatever tasks are needed to make France succeed
- Take ownership and care about every aspect of Wagestream France
- Have a deep local network in French market
- Be a native French speaker, fluent in English
- Be comfortable working remotely as only person on the ground in France
Behaviours that are important to us:
- Thriving in a relatively unstructured environment is important. You’ll need to be high energy and naturally love the challenge.
- Constant improvement is incredibly important, our customers demand it and so should our employees. Striving for unattainable perfection is a must.
- We fully expect to be on a growth journey, we have an amazing mission, an amazing product and amazing investors. The commitment for that journey from everyone who joins is an important mindset we need this person to have.