Product-Oriented Full-Stack Software Engineer
Wagestream is a technology and financial services company with a social purpose.
We partner with employers to allow their employees to access their earned-but-not-yet-paid wages in real time.
Wagestream was founded with the desire to be a strong cause for social good, in making it possible for workers to gain fast access to accrued earnings. Our aim is to play a key role in reducing the UK poverty premium and prevent employees entering cycles of debt, caused by high interest credit or pay day loans. We are proud to have a social charter in our articles of association.
We are a fast moving and dedicated bunch. We value individuality, honesty, integrity, a go-get attitude, team spirit and a sense of humour.
If this sounds like you, get in touch:
You will work on the product team, working to constantly improve the Wagestream experience for both employees (mobile app) and employers (Wagestream portal). We release multiple times per day, so you'll need to be comfortable owning features from concept, to release, to post-release measurement.
Just in the last week we have conceptualised and shipped:
- Employees can now get Immediate access to 80% of overtime
- Instant, daily, Statutory Sick Pay Payments
The technology stack is a backend of AWS+Python+Postgres, and a frontend of vue.js, but experience with those particular technologies is not required. You should however, have a proven track-record of shipping web and mobile applications.
- Work with stakeholders to define new features for employees and employers
- Architect, test, and release new features (ideally to a subset of our total audience)
- Work with data science team to analyse effectiveness, and tweak where necessary
- "Push the button" and release your creation into the wild
- Contribute to the broader engineering team (best practices, tools, technologies)
- 2+ years experience in professional software engineering
- Mastery of at least one modern web/mobile framework. This could be React, Angular, Vue, or something else, but the point is you must be comfortable switching frameworks and picking the right tool for the job.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in working within AWS. We are heavy users of DynamoDB, SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc
- We're not expecting you to be a graphic designer, but you should have an eye for aesthetics and feel comfortable designing some UI/UX yourself