Use your deep understanding of backend technologies and experience with data at scale to help build the infrastructure that makes millions of dogs happy across the US. You will be contributing to our API, our custom-build customer success tools, many geographical and logistical real-time challenges, and various new product features to keep improving our customer's experience.
Wag! is the #1 on-demand dog walking service and one of the fastest-growing startups, funded by Silicon Valley's top investors. We walk thousands of dogs in more than 100 cities every single day.
- Be part of a growing team that has meaningful impact to customers by delivering high quality features at high velocity
- Breakdown a feature into releasable chunks, estimate release schedule, and collaborate with others to work on features
- Contribute to architectural and design decisions and be able to articulate the impact of those decisions
- Experience with building backend systems at scale for at least 2-4 years
- Worked on projects that have reached millions of customers and have individually contributed to many consumer-facing features
- Strong knowledge of at least 1 backend language and 1 relational database, and general knowledge about many others.
- Ability to dive into large existing projects and contribute by narrowing down and quickly understand relevant parts of the system
- A pragmatic and agnostic approach to coding, with no specific preference for any language/framework, and understanding when to (and when not to) apply certain design patterns and refactoring, based on many years of experience with several large projects
Our backend stack:
- Docker (local development)
- MySQL, Redis
- AWS EC2, RDS, SQS, ElastiCache
- A productive work environment and ability to learn and grow from mentors and peers
- Being part of a reputational brand that your family and friends have heard about and which delivers a happy experience to millions of satisfied dogs and their owners
- A competitive salary with stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Catered daily lunches and open snack bar
- Ability to bring your dog into the office