Who are Wade & Wendy?
Wade is our chat-based AI RecruiterBot, connecting job seekers and hiring managers. For job seekers, he's career guide and guru, helping you find the place where you belong. For hiring managers, he's the ultimate partner, finding the perfect candidates with a deep understanding of what - and who - your team needs.
Wendy helps hiring teams manage high volume roles. When candidates apply, Wendy deploys a first-round interview using our dynamic chat interface. This allows teams to identify candidates they otherwise may have missed and spend more time engaging candidates that are the best fit for the role.
Our team is backed by Slack, ffVC, Randstad and other great VCs, as we bring AI and machine learning to the recruiting/HR space - all in order to make the process of building teams more human.
What's the Role?
Our problem lends itself to some really neat NLP constraints and machine learning challenges. On the one hand, you’ll use NLP to increase the dynamism and responsiveness of our conversational AI - driving the experience forward in powerful ways to generate better and richer conversational data about job applicants.
You’ll also help build models of hiring success that examine the funnel metrics of job applicants moving through the pipeline, as well as extracting understanding from the rich lightly-structured conversational data generated by the screening process.
What have you done?
- Post-academic, real world experience in bring public-facing production projects to completion?
- Written production code (ideally in Java, Python, Scala, or - BIG PLUS - Clojure)?
- Used NLP to work on unstructured dialog problems and knowledge extraction?
- Done other work in NLP: tagging parts-of-speech, semantic analysis, entity recognition, building ontological frameworks, relation extraction, and the like?
- Deep experience with machine learning - particularly in its NLP application or in matching or recommendation engines?
- Built chatbots or worked with AI?
- Worked with open source or any other language processing tools such as Stanford NLP, NLTK, Apache OpenNLP, etc.
- Have experience working with graph databases like Datomic or Neo4J?
- Have a masters or PhD in computer science, computational linguistics or any related field?
Who are you?
- Are you obsessed with work and the culture of work?
- Do you want to tackle the challenges of NLP in conversation?
- Do you want get your hands dirty in a startup environment and really build from scratch?
- Do you love working with smart people to solve hard problems that affect almost everyone?
- Do you want to automate everything?
Join our team
If you answered "Yes" to many of those questions - we'd love to chat. Let's change the way people work.