Who are Wade & Wendy?
Wade & Wendy is an AI-Powered Recruitment Conversation Platform. We deploy automated conversations across the recruiting process to make for a better and faster experience for job-seekers and better and faster decision-making process for hiring teams: everything from automated first-round interviews to informational FAQ sessions to building out the needs for the role.
Our team is backed by Slack, ffVC, Randstad and other great VCs, as we bring AI and machine learning to the recruiting/HR space - all in order to make the process of building teams more human.
Who are the people building Wade & Wendy?
Our diverse team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds (plus has seen more than a few exits): we have a former physicist whose work helped win a nobel prize, a fine-dining chef who returned to their first love: coding, and people who have tackled problems with novel solutions like using Google Glass in farming and voice recognition in manufacturing.
We are linguists and psychologists and technologists and writers, all committed to learning, iterating and pushing things forward.
And we get most excited about working together to tackle this challenge: to help teams grow meaningfully and help people find meaningful work.
What's the Role?
We're looking for a senior software engineer to help us tackle our wide variety of challenges: everything from everything from traversing our skills knowledge graph to real-time messaging and data management to using NLP and machine learning in our conversational engine.
You'll be responsible for system architecture and technical design, as well as hands-on building alongside our team. You'll be a part of everything we do.
What have you done?
- Quickly learned and mastered new languages and tools as needed (and using them in a secure, modular and testable fashion)?
- Have at least 10+ years of software engineering experience?
- Become an expert in Java?
- Used Python?
- Become fluent in the ins and outs of AWS and distributed systems?
- Designed and implemented microservices architecture?
- Built RESTful web applications?
- Built systems from the ground up?
- Built chatbots or worked with AI?
Who are you?
- Do you want to tackle the challenges systems architecture and laying the foundation for AI-human interaction?
- Do you want get your hands dirty in a startup environment?
- Do you love working with smart people to solve hard problems?
- Do you want to automate everything?
Join our team
If you answered "Yes" to many of those questions - we'd love to chat. Let's change the way people work.