The Ad Formats Team at Vungle:
The Ad Formats Team builds the systems that connects Vungle’s publishers with advertisers and manages the applications, campaigns, creatives (bonus points for knowing what all that means) and everything else that feed into our ad serving pipeline. We also build the advertisements that millions of people see every day across the world.
We’re a group of full-stack, JS-focused engineers. As for you: you’re passionate about mobile-first front-ends with an eye for design and good system design fundamentals. This team is dedicated to building/extending the framework that displays ads to our users. We want you to hit the ground running and begin adding new features within a couple of weeks; but don’t worry, the team will help you get up-to-speed!
So what’s the day-to-day look like? It’s a lot of coding, a decent amount of code reviews and unit testing, some discussions with end users and product teams, and most importantly, very few meetings. We want engineers who are looking to grow, build awesome features, and play a role in the expansion of our team.
This role can be based out of either our London, UK or New York City, USA offices.
- Build new ad units (dynamic templates) with assistance from our product and creative teams.
- Design and implement foundational updates to our dynamic template code base to facilitate future development.
- Create new systems to better test, measure performance, and decrease time-to-market for our advertisements.
- Enhance existing ad units.
- Work closely with our SDK teams to ensure compatibility across platforms and add advanced interactivity to advertisements.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields and 6 years relevant experience.
- At least 4 years experience with the following: ES6, CSS preprocessors, and HTML5.
- Experience working in an Agile(ish) development team.
- Experience developing mobile-first user interfaces
- Knowledge of the following frameworks is a plus: Webpack, Gulp, NodeJS.
- Excellent people skills, willingness to give and receive constructive feedback
- Previous AdTech experience is always welcomed.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.