About our Sr, Backend Engineering opportunity:
Vungle's Platform team (formerly called Ad Serving) is the core of Vungle’s success. Our group is responsible for architecting and building our entire platform infrastructure that handles billions of events per day and is growing exponentially. We’re an innovative engineering team, utilizing the latest technology in order to build efficient and high scale systems. If building and scaling low-latency, high-throughput systems is something that gets you excited, then we’d love to chat!
This role can be full-time or part-time in office based out of the New York City office location.
- Design, engineer & implement highly-available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems enhancing our real-time bidding system.
- Implementing new features and streamlining existing services
- Focusing on code readability, performance, testing, documentation, continuous integration
- Minimizing complexity and increasing shared understanding
- Become familiar with core development, product release and Vungle's business
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members.
- Take ownership and work with various product management, development and quality assurance groups in a fast-paced environment
- BS in Computer Science with 5+ years professional experience, or
MS in Computer Science with 3+ years of professional experience, or equivalent
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Golang (preferable), C/C++, Java
- Experience building data-intensive applications.
- Experience building low-latency, high-throughput, distributed backend services
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures, and algorithms;
- Have good team communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of profiling and debugging distributed microservices
- Experience with distributed system observability metrics, using it for data driven design decisions
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in ad-tech
- NodeJS, Scala, Python
- Redis, Mongo, Kafka, Cassandra
- gRPC, RestAPI, GraphQL
- Jenkins/TravisCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Github
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.