The Creative Experience team empowers our clients with the best in-class creative production tools, insights, and recommendations that help increase performance and drive platform adoption by optimising the creative end-to-end workflow.
We’re looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to help groom and grow our Creative Experience engineers.
You will be an outstanding fit if …
- You have managed a team of 2+ Software Engineers
- You have the desire and experience in mentoring mid (or higher) level engineers
- You have experience working in an Agile(ish) development team
- You have built React front end, Node.js API, Go API, and globally distributed systems
- You display trustworthiness and build credibility quickly via empathy and clear communications with others
- You possess a desire to improve the ad experience for all mobile users
- Mentor and Grow engineers within your team
- As a hands-on engineering manager, you are responsible to design, develop and deploy reusable components across the stack to enhance our creative tools & internal team dashboards, API, and Ad Serving services.
- Work with our product team (designers and product managers) to build user-focused features/tools/systems
- Help lead in improving the accessibility of the self-serve advertising platform by working directly with internal clients to develop interfaces that are user-friendly
- Implement controls within the interfaces team for engineers to increase control over their own deployments utilizing the custom testing framework
- Design and implement mission critical, high performance, and large scale services
- Able to look at what is in the pipeline and suggest architectural changes needed based on the pipeline. Most projects are around full stack development
- Provide details, constructive contexts, technical specifications and code reviews.
- 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- 2+ years of software development management experience, including scaling team, working with vendors, etc.
- 2+ years of React experience (or similar framework: Angular, Svelte, Vue, etc)
- 2+ years of Node.js or Go experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Data-driven and passionate about system observability and performance
- Expertise in at least some of the following technologies:
- JSON Schema
- Distributed Tracing
Nice to Have:
- Experience in mobile ad technologies like real time bidding, analytics, MRAID, VAST, creative tools, etc.
- Experience in other languages e.g. Java, Scala, Python.
- Expertise in Cloud-native solutions in AWS: DynamoDB, Redshift, etc.
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.