Engineering at Vungle:
The SRE Team at Vungle is a 24/7 operation in charge of maintaining the platform Vungle uses to run production systems. You'll experience a mix of activities from optimizing Kubernetes to maintaining systems uptime, to implementing multi-region deployments. This role is focused on the maintenance of reliability of the platform & processes and automation of recurring tasks. There is plenty of room to learn about the software deployment side of things as well.
This role will require working shifts in-office between 7am through 11pm Singapore timezone.
Technologies We Use:
- Github, Ansible, Terraform
- Kubernetes, Openshift, Jenkins, Akamai
- Redis, Mongo, Kafka, MemSQL
- Golang, Python, NodeJS
- Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch (ELK stack)
- Splunk Observability Cloud, New Relic, Pagerduty
- Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health of the system.
- You have a strong systems experience with coding practice.
- You have an analytical approach to identifying problem components based on data points. Reliability of systems & applications is your core passion.
- The team will be responsible for analyzing systems based on data points to identify workloads that are critical to the business.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure success of the system’s operation. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
- You will be called upon to support the stack in the event of a failure.
- You are comfortable with on-call responsibility and are able to manage a crisis working with the broader team, communicating progress and challenges during the crisis.
- 3-5 years of experience in a SRE / DevOps related role with a background in software development
- Expertise in AWS
- Expertise in Kubernetes & Microservice Architecture
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience in building tools to automate system maintenance tasks
- Solid understanding of monitoring tools and ability to define metrics to detect anomalies
- Hands-on Kubernetes or Docker experience, including deployment tools (Jenkins, ArgoCD)
- Solid understanding of server automation systems (Ansible, Terraform)
- Scripting using any language (Go, Nodejs, Bash, Python)
- Hands-on experience with cloud-centric monitoring softwares (Prometheus, Datadog, SignalFX)
- Cloud-based networking experience (Akamai, WAF, LB, distributed multi-region VPC)
- Fluency in English
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of various security standards, protocols and implementation details
- Previous professional experience writing in Golang, Java, Python, C or C++ is a plus
- Experience with Multi-Cloud Computing (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.) is a plus
- Passionate about trying emerging technologies
- Management of a distributed Kafka cluster is a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese a plus
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki. For more information, visit vungle.com or follow the company on LinkedIn.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such a candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.