Engineering at Vungle:
Vungle is the leading in-app video advertising platform for mobile developers. Top publishers use Vungle to meet monetization goals with engaging, high-converting video ads. Advertisers depend on Vungle's superior, in-house creatives, HD video delivery and advanced targeting capabilities to reach and acquire new, high-quality consumer audiences worldwide. We are looking to build an organization that personifies the drive, initiative, and resourcefulness that has made this company the success story it is today.
So what’s the day-to-day look like? It’s a lot of coding, a decent amount of code reviews and unit testing, some discussions with end users and product teams, and most importantly, a few meetings. We want engineers who are looking to grow, build awesome features, and play a role in the expansion of our team.
This role can be based either out of Vungle’s San Francisco headquarters at beautiful Levi Plaza, or our Los Angeles office in vibrant Sawtelle.
- Drive innovation and work with cross platform teams located in Beijing, San Francisco and London to come up with new features and functionality for our customers.
- Develop new versions of Vungle’s iOS SDK which is integrated into 50,000+ apps and runs on hundreds of millions of devices
- Own SDK features to support new ad formats, high performance real-time streaming video delivery, etc.
- Contribute to design and development of the Vungle API that supports the SDK; with the necessary documentation
- Work closely with Product Managers, integration engineers and QA to support the world's largest gaming companies.
- Solve challenging problems in the areas of caching, multi threading and other native Apple technologies.
- Maintain SDK stability supporting multiple iOS versions and devices
- Help grow our team by providing valuable feedback and by mentoring junior engineers
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3 years experience building SDKs, frameworks, APIs and libraries is a plus, not a must have.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- Extensive Objective-C knowledge, we love the language. Swift experience a plus
- Expert-level understanding of multithreading and networking
- Experience with agile methodologies and high level design principles
- Fluent English communication skill
- Knowledge of Xcode, Instruments, REST APIs, git, cocoapods, CI/CD toolchain
- A passion for the iOS platform, and staying up-to-date with the latest platform developments
- Knowledge of fundamental Computer Science and Software Engineering concepts
- Android experience is a plus.
- Working familiarity with Vungle's ecosystem: gaming, apps, ad tech, etc, at all scales is a plus
- Experience with uploading applications to AppStore is a plus
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.