Vungle's Platform team (formerly called Ad Serving) is the core of Vungle’s success. Our group is responsible for architecting and building our entire platform infrastructure that handles over a billion events per day and is growing exponentially. We’re an innovative engineering team, utilizing the latest technology in order to build efficient and high scale systems. If building and scaling low-latency, high-throughput systems is something that gets you excited, then we’d love to chat!
What will you be doing?
- Design, engineer & implement highly-available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems enhancing our real-time bidding system.
- Work closely with Data Scientists, product and infra engineers to understand, refine, and prioritize requirements for machine learning models
- Take ownership and work with various product management, development and quality assurance groups in a fast-paced environment
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance that have particular impact across your team and others.
- Focusing on performance, testing, documentation, continuous integration
- Mentor and share knowledge with team members.
- Confidently ship large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of immense complexity and scope.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 8+ years of full-time experience as a backend engineer.
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: Golang (preferable), C/C++, Java
- Deep understanding of computer architectures, data structures, and algorithms;
- Experience in design and implementation of large-scale online services and distributed systems.
- Have good team communication and collaboration skills.
- Good understanding of low-latency, high-throughput, distributed backend services
- Experience deploying machine learning models at scale
Familiarities with the Technologies:
- NodeJS, Python
- Redis, DynamoDB, Mongo, Kafka, Cassandra
- gRPC, RestAPI, GraphQL
- Jenkins/TravisCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Github
Vungle is the trusted guide for growth and engagement, transforming how people discover and experience apps. Mobile application developers partner with Vungle to monetize their apps through innovative in-app ad experiences that are inspired by insight and crafted with creativity. Advertisers depend on Vungle to reach, acquire, and retain high-value users worldwide. Vungle’s data-optimized ads run on over 1 billion unique devices to drive engagement and increase returns for publishers and advertisers ranging from indie studios to powerhouse brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices around the world in London, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Los Angeles, New York, and Helsinki.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Vungle does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or Recruiting Team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Vungle vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Recruiting Team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Vungle Recruiting Team and such candidate was submitted to the Vungle Recruiting Team via our Applicant Tracking System.