Who We Are
Vultr is on a mission to make high-performance cloud computing easy to use, affordable, and locally accessible for businesses and developers around the world. With 32 cloud data center locations around the world, Vultr has served over 1.5 million customers across 185 countries with flexible, scalable, global Cloud Compute, Cloud GPU, Bare Metal, and Cloud Storage solutions. Founded by David Aninowsky and completely bootstrapped, Vultr has become the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing company without ever raising equity financing.
Simply put, Vultr is committed to providing businesses worldwide with the best price-to-performance of any cloud computing platform. Our global reach of data centers and strategic new partnerships provide the foundation to maximize the impact of our existing services, new product improvements, and releases, which in turn, is a catalyst for your own success. Vultr is taking flight, and this is your opportunity to leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure!
- A 100% remote work environment + a company-wide get together
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Professional Development Reimbursement of $2,500 each year
- 11 Holidays + Paid Time Off Accrual + Rollover Plan + take off your birthday!
- Commitment matters to Vultr! Increased PTO at 3 year anniversary + 1 month sabbatical at 5 year anniversary + Anniversary Bonus each year
- $500 first year remote office setup + $400 each year following for new equipment
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Company paid Calm app subscription
- $50 per month for a gym membership
Our growing Engineering team at Constant is looking for a Security Engineer who will report into the Senior Director of Engineering with a dotted line to the Senior Information Systems Security Manager, and will work to keep our platform secure. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, obsessed with security, and excited to own and cultivate a growing DevSecOps culture. Our team’s mission is to make the independent cloud fast, accessible, and secure, and we believe that security is a team sport. This is your opportunity to join this dynamic team and leave your mark on Constant and the future of Cloud Infrastructure.
What to expect:
- Work with SRE, DevOps, and engineering counterparts to manage vulnerabilities within our application and infrastructure as they evolve, through automated configuration management
- Work with product stakeholders on future security & compliance products to enhance both internal and external platform security offerings
- Build, maintain, and evolve third-party security applications in highly regulated areas
- Collaborate with GRC counterparts to help drive improvements in order to meet ongoing compliance goals, through evidence gathering and the implementation of technical controls
- Serve as an Incident Response Team (IRT) member when active attacks are leveraged against Constant infrastructure
- Coordinate with DevOps teams to educate on and advocate for secure coding practices
- Support the testing, validation, and improvement of internal security controls around critical infrastructure
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding in an object-oriented programming language (PHP and Python are preferred)
- Experience with configuration management tooling such as Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with SAST and DAST tools (i.e. SonarQube, Tenable, etc)
- Experience with packet capturing technology
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience proactively managing CVEs and other reported vulnerabilities in both infrastructure and application domains to meet service-level agreements
- Experience mapping threat telemetry between assets, associated with network architecture
- Experience with physical server fleets (preferred by not required)
$115,000 - $145,000
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Vultr regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the accomplishment of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. As such the use of various key privacy controls enables Vultr’s treatment of personal information to meet current regulatory guidelines and laws.
Workforce members have the right under US state law where and when applicable and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to: fair and equal treatment, knowing what personal data we gather and retain, for what purpose, and the ability to access and/or delete such data. You also have the right to opt out of communications from Vultr and approved third- parties at any time.