ABOUT THE COMPANY
VTS is the #1 SaaS solution for commercial real estate. We are changing the CRE technology landscape with our cloud-based leasing and asset management platform, which allows landlords and brokers to manage their entire workflow in one centralized location. In the past year, we merged with our biggest competitor, grew to ~6 billion square feet of commercial space on our platform, and expanded to ~200 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to be part of the VTS team as we continue to scale!
At VTS, we are dedicated to customer success, and our goal is to create beautiful products that our clients love, with an emphasis on speed and quality. We are a tight-knit team that works hard and celebrates our success as we strive to build the most innovative technology for the commercial real estate industry.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities and as well as in London, UK.
VTS is looking for a top-tier Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This role will support the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes. This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience within a growing company (and small Finance team) and have exposure to VTS leadership.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization. To be qualified, you must also have a strong accounting background, including working knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“U.S. GAAP”), SEC regulations, and internal controls.
We're looking for a critical thinker and structured problem solver who can help our team get to the next level!
- Perform and manage all month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts, and review of month-end results against forecast
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting systems, processes, metrics, and reporting
- Preparation and review of financial statements to ensure transactions and consolidations are properly reflected and in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Compare actual financial performance against operational budget and provide meaningful explanations of fluctuations / discrepancies
- Stay in tune with and assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Manage others, including staff accountant(s) and help grow the finance function as the company scales
- Support finance management in design, testing and roll-out of financial systems/tools/processes
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation, a plus
- 3-5 years of prior full-cycle accounting experience and/or public accounting focused on Software as a service (SaaS) (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, SFAS, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Analytical, ability to research issues, provide solutions as well as a recommended course of action
- Self-starter able to manage a significant workload and balance competing high priority tasks in a startup environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at building relationships across the organization and with external stakeholders
- Dedication to continual improvement; strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive) is a necessity
- Experience with with key financial systems - general ledger, expense management, cap table management, subscription software, CRM SaaS packages (i.e. Quickbooks, NetSuite, SalesForce, Concur, eShares, Zuora, Xactly, Adaptive, etc)
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great benefits, including medical, vision and dental all starting on your first day
- 401K Plan
- Best-in-class perks and a great place to work!!
As an equal opportunity employer, we pride ourselves on hiring the brightest, most driven individuals for the roles they feel inspired to pursue. We’re committed to growing a diverse team of talent who bring many different skill sets and points of view to the table.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.