As an Associate Corporate Counsel, you will handle a broad array of legal matters for VTS. A primary responsibility will be to support our Sales, Finance, People, and Strategic Partnership teams on matters including drafting and negotiating contracts with customers and partners. You will also assist the head of legal with compliance matters, product planning, finance and accounting, and employment-related issues as they arise.
To thrive in this role you must partner with sales, tech, and people teams to guide and effect company strategy. You will leverage your experience to be a central hub for problem solving with an array of subject matter experts.
Here’s what you can expect as an Associate Corporate Counsel
Relationship Building: Build trusted advisor relationships with internal teams and all key stakeholders in order to achieve desired business outcomes. An understanding of commercial real estate is a plus.
Legal expertise: You successfully act as a legal advisor in the state of NY and have drafted, reviewed/ negotiated a wide variety of contract agreements. In this role you will advise all of VTS's business units regarding corporate, commercial, marketing, transactional, contract, HR, governance and real estate matters.
Internal Advocacy: Be an internal advocate for customer needs, requirements, and feature requests across customer success, product and sales.
Strategic Development: Create and implement procedures for contract management, organization and documentation
In return for this work, you will be given the opportunity to make a tremendous impact in one of our fastest growing teams in the US! As VTS grows, so will you! This role offers significant flexibility in building out your career path and specialization. You will have direct and immediate insight into in-house operations and will have agency in developing long term plans with the head of legal.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - quarterly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.