As a Revenue Accountant you will ascertain the completeness and accuracy of data within the Zuora Revenue system by performing a series of checks and balances. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with members of the RevOps team while coordinating and resolving any revenue accounting issues. On a monthly basis, you will prepare and book the revenue entries within our Financial Reporting System. You will become an ASC606 expert and grow to be one of the company's experts within Revenue. You will review contracts for any non standard terms and help track those terms for proper reporting. You will have the opportunity to work with the Director of Revenue on ad hoc policies and system improvements (such as how to decrease the time it takes to close revenue, implementing systematic checks and balances and other ASC606 compliance checks). You will have the opportunity to work with external auditors for the annual audit.
To thrive in this role you must be proactive and detail oriented in order to identify and solve any discrepancies prior to month end close. You will leverage your impeccable communication skills and solutions focused approach to successfully manage multiple tasks. Additionally, you will prove to be comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and rapid-growth environment, working independently as well as part of a team.
Here’s what you can expect as a Revenue Accountant:
- Execute the Close Process: Perform completeness and accuracy checks on system reports throughout the month in order to help the team achieve desired close deadlines for financial reporting. Further, book the revenue, deferred revenue and AR journal entries in accordance with GAAP accounting.
- Continuous Learning: Expand your knowledge around the ASC606 accounting standard as you develop into one of the companies ASC606 experts
- Relationship Building: Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders within the finance team and other departments including sales, sales ops, implementation and legal. With these relationships, be comfortable reaching out to problem solve in a timely manner.
- Develop Your Skills: Participate in ad hoc projects around system enhancements and improvements
- Revenue Data Guru: Manage quarterly internal audits on the top 10 revenue contracts and ensure data accuracy in the revenue system.
In return for this work, you will be given the opportunity to make a tremendous impact in one of our fastest growing teams in the US! As VTS grows, so will you!
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s leading technology platform that transforms how strategic decisions are made and executed across the asset lifecycle. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry and delivers data insights and solutions for everyone in commercial real estate to fuel their investment and asset strategy, leasing and marketing automation, property operations, and tenant experience.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Rise, VTS Data, and VTS Market, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given the real-time market information and executional capabilities to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform globally. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and San Diego.
To learn more about VTS and view our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
At VTS, we pride ourselves on articulating a clear and transparent philosophy around equitable, impartial compensation that will allow us to recruit and retain an exceptional team. Base salary is market driven at the point in time of offer and is based on tier 1 market data. The salary for this role will range between $87,992 to $115,500 and is determined by a few factors including your skills, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews, leveling and geography.