As our Staff Security Engineer, you will be responsible for application, cloud and enterprise security assessment and recommendations, and will implement external integrations as well as in house projects to accomplish state of the art security tooling, and practices, for all our products. Everyday you will work closely with Engineering, Information Security, Data and several other functions to ensure security is part of the VTS technology’s design and development workflows. You will use processes like code reviews, security architecture reviews and mentorship, among others, to accomplish this.
To thrive in this role you must have expert knowledge of network and wed related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP and BGP) and experience protecting against and mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc). You will have hands-on experience with cloud-native security architecture on AWS, GCP or Azure (AWS preferred) and substantial experience with a modern programming language like Go, Python, or Ruby on Rails among others. Solid experience with web and mobile application pentesting, linux architecture and security are also required.
Here’s what you can expect as a Senior Security Engineer
- Architect, evaluate, build, and support security-focused tools and services
- Contribute code that improves security throughout VTS’ products
- Build mitigations and remediations for security vulnerabilities with your fellow engineers
- Identify and assess security risks, model threats, and develop mitigation plans
- Perform application security software and configuration reviews spanning a wide range of digital technologies (web, mobile, embedded)
- Perform Cloud Infrastructure reviews to ensure we build in a safe-by-default manner, minimizing access risks
- Support third-party audits of our application, including SOC2 and Pen Tests
- Empower developers to do their job securely without creating unnecessary friction
- Educate your fellow engineers about security in application code to help build a security-first culture
- Advance your personal knowledge of application and Cloud security to stay on the cutting edge
- Assess and improve the security of the IOT integrations that are integral to our Tenant Experience product offerings
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s leading technology platform that transforms how strategic decisions are made and executed across the asset lifecycle. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry and delivers data insights and solutions for everyone in commercial real estate to fuel their investment and asset strategy, leasing and marketing automation, property operations, and tenant experience.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Rise, VTS Data, and VTS Market, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given the real-time market information and executional capabilities to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform globally. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and San Diego.
To learn more about VTS and view our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at email@example.com