You are passionate about the medium of the web app and driven by crafting beautiful, performant, UI/X for VSCO’s new Web Studio product. You understand and embrace prototyping in code as a means of collaborative product design, and are ready to apply that on a greenfield app for creators.
VSCO is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our Web Studio team in building and running a new flagship VSCO product. Our team is in the formation process, so you will collaborate closely with technical leadership to play a significant role in defining and building our codebase.
- Comfortable creating architectural documents to share with a ranging audience from Product to Engineering
- Rapid prototype in code alongside designers to implement, test and validate design decisions as we build our product
- Contribute to a fledgling UI kit React design system to bring to life a new visual and code standard across VSCO’s web products
- Assist in code reviews and provide feedback on design documents and architectural decisions
- 6+ years applicable work experience
- Experience in bringing a new product to market from net-zero
- Experience with next.js
- Experience with Figma, and particularly design libraries
- Some experience building APIs and with Go / AWS / GRPC
Nice to have
- Experience with graphics processing engines
- Experience with multi-tenant applications
- Strong understanding of progressive lazy loading for large images
- Experience with CDNs and caching best practices
- Experience with microservices architecture
- A personal connection to photography and/or art
VSCO is a mobile app that helps you create beautiful, professional-looking photos and videos right from your mobile phone. We offer extensive high-end photo, and video editing features, including 200+ presets, and access to a vibrant global community that inspires people to create and share their diverse experiences. VSCO’s mission is to help everybody fall in love with their creativity across all products and services.
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position may vary based on several factors, including the approved job level. The base salary range for this role is $171,000-$190,000. Salary is one component of our total compensation package. This position also qualifies for bonuses and equity (i.e. stock options). The benefits available for this position include flexible time off, a 401K retirement plan, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short and long term disability), and 11 paid holidays. We also provide paid sick time as required by state and local law. Additional benefits and perks are also offered for this position.