At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
- You have a deep understanding of building and shipping computer graphics and/or image-processing libraries and modules for desktop or web applications.
- You enjoy designing and shaping APIs to enable the best user experience and best developer experience.
- You have experience writing software involving the editing of media - image and/or video
- You continuously improve the way we create and build products, and you champion new initiatives to improve the craft of engineering.
- You are passionate about the C++, Rust, WebAssembly, and WebGL ecosystems especially in the context of image and video editing.
- Own, develop, architect, and contribute to VSCO’s next-generation image-processing and graphics library.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members in the conception, planning, exploration, and implementation of features, capabilities, and technologies.
- Architect and implement solutions for interactively editing images, video, and mixed media.
- Build clean, testable, safe, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality.
- Deliver solutions both in collaboration with other engineers or independently, depending on the scope and schedule of the project.
- Knowledge/Experience with some or all of Rust, C++, WebAssembly, WebGL, OpenGL, Metal, Vulkan
- Knowledge/Experience with open-source libraries such as OpenCV or ImageMagick
- Knowledge/Experience with some or all of image-processing, computer graphics, color management/science
- Strong CS fundamentals with regards to algorithms, data structures, and system design with relevant CS degrees or comparable experience
- Knowledge/Experience compiling and integrating WebAssembly modules into web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge/Experience of 2d/3d graphics algorithms and relevant math
- Knowledge/Experience with Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and/or AI
- Knowledge/Experience with building WebAssembly-based web applications with a React frontend
- Knowledge/Experience writing shaders with Metal, Vulkan, HLSL, OpenGL, Renderman, etc.
- Experience with C++ graphics libraries
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning, AI, and/or AI art generation
- Knowledge/Experience of 3D rendering and matrix-based transformations
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $193,000-$207,000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.